Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. James E Roukema has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
Dr. James E Roukema has the following 11 expertise
- Pap Smear
- Child Birth
- Women's Health
- Hot Flashes
- Birth Control
- Pelvic Exam
- Menstrual Pain
Dr. James E Roukema has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. James E Roukema is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 24
Dr. Roukema is a great listener! He listened to all my concerns and addressed each and everyone of them. He was very kind and explained everything in detail and answered every question I had. He spent the right amount of time with each appointment and he really does care about his patients, he always asked me about life and family. I highly recommend Dr. Roukema if you want someone who cares and is a brilliant man in his field! I want to thank him for helping me become pain free and getting me to where I can enjoy life again with no worries!
Front office staff is very RUDE, inappropriate, and plainly unprofessional. I love that Dr. Roukema is my doctor, but I hate having to go to an appointment because of the rude reception. I hope this changes soon! I have daughters that see Dr. Roukema and another doctor at this same location that have gone through the same grief!
For being so young only 18 at the time I was very nervous about going into a Gyno office. His receptionist was very friendly as soon as I walked into the building. Everyone was nicely dressed and had a smile on. When they called my name back my heart began to pound being!. When dr. Roukema finally came in he was friendly and introduced himself. he didn't make me feel like I was just another number walking into the office. He took the time to listen to my problems. We discussed options and he went into detail about each one of them. I would HIGHLY recommend seeing Dr. Roukema as your OBGYN. Great atmosphere!
38 Years Experience
Chicago College Of Osteopathic Medicine
Graduated in 1980
David Grant Usaf Medical Center
Dr. James E Roukema accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
Locations & DirectionsJo Lynn Hawthorne Md, 254 N Binkley St, Soldotna, AK
Dr. James E Roukema is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Soldotna, AK.