Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. James J Rowland has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Child Birth
- Urinary Incontinence
- Menstrual Pain
- Hot Flashes
- Women's Health
- Pelvic Inflammatory Disease
- Birth Control
- Ovarian Cancer
- Uterine Cancer
- Pelvic Exam
- Pap Smear
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 54
I agree with the comments about his rude staff; I cannot comment if the current staff is any better because I stopped going to him. They spent so much time gossiping that they were totally oblivious to what a patient (myself) was waiting at the window to discuss (make a new appointment). When they did acknowledge me, I was treated like they couldn't be bothered (& were very dismissive of my request). They insisted that I had to take an appointment, I did not want, and said my insurance would not pay for the month I needed. I let them know that I had already checked with insurance and that they pay for one exam per calendar year. All they wanted to do was argue & also told me no when I asked to talk to the doctor; would not even leave a message for him. I later found out that they had destroyed all of my records (even prior years that didn't even belong to this particular doctor, my child's birth records, etc.). I concluded that this doctor was totally clueless as to what was going on in his office and that the stress and aggravation was not worth it; my last bad experience there put all of the other negative experiences there in perspective. Hard to believe that a simple once a year check up could be such a hassle.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014, 2016, 2011, 2015, 2012)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2016, 2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Rowland is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
24 Years Experience
Temple University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1994
Dr. James J Rowland accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica HMO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- First Health PPO
Geisinger Health Plan
- Geisinger Health Plan
- Highmark Community Blue PPO
- Highmark KeystoneBlue
- Highmark PPOBlue
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsCentury Medical Association, 535 Smithfield St Ste 1030, Pittsburgh, PA
Dr. James J Rowland is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Pittsburgh, PA.