Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Back Pain Get the facts about back pain, including the symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Facts about carpal tunnel syndrome, including the causes and symptoms.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Dupuytren's Contracture Dupuytren’s contracture is a thickening of the tissue in your hand
- Fibromyalgia Facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. James Styner
Dr. James Styner, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Hawthorne, CA. He has 48 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine and Orthopedic Surgery. Dr. Styner is affiliated with Pacific Hospital of Long Beach and Beverly Hosp, Montebello, Ca. Dr. Styner has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. James Styner has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Orthopedic Surgery
An orthopaedic surgeon is a physician who specializes in diagnosis and surgical treatment of injuries and disorders involving the musculoskeletal system, such as hip replacements and arthroscopic knee surgery.
In addition to treating trauma to the musculoskeletal system, these doctors also deal with sports injuries, degenerative diseases, infections, tumors and congenital disorders.
Dr. James Styner has the following 3 expertise
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
Dr. James Styner is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 7
The office is filthy, overcrowded and uncomfortable. My leg pain worsened while I waited almost 3/4 hr just for the intake process. Another 25 minutes to actually see the doctor who ignored my complaints about my the pain. All he wanted to do was get through the exam so he could bill my insurance company. He was like a robot and didn't want to hear that I was in pain or uncomfortable on the exam table. He was unresponsive, unsympathetic, and uncaring. He was also abrupt and rude with his questions and attitude. I've seen a lot of doctors in my 50 odd years but never have I been so rudely treated. I would never recommend him or go back to him.
Thank God for Dr. James Styner. My injury was work related and that is like having a "Do Not HELP" sign on you. He was swift to help me in a time of horrific pain. When no one would help me in any Emergency Rooms throught out California. If you were injured at work please call fro an appointment. They are a light in the darkness of Workers Compensation. I Thank God for Him and his staff. They have moved to Garden Grove. Call Information for new address and phone number.714 891-5400 new phone number.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2010)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2009)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Styner is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Pacific Hospital of Long Beach
Beverly Hosp, Montebello, Ca
48 Years Experience
University of California at Irvine
Graduated in 1965
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsVista Bay Medical Group, 13624 Hawthorne Blvd, Hawthorne, CA
Dr. James Styner is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Hawthorne, CA.