Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. James T Doyle
Dr. James T Doyle, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Spokane, WA. He has 36 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology. Dr. Doyle is affiliated with Deaconess Hospital and Valley Hospital. Dr. Doyle has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. James T Doyle has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Hepatitis C
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Celiac Disease
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Abdominal Pain
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 10
I saw Dr Doyle twice. The first was during the summer of 2013, when I was referred to him after an ER visit that diagnosed me with colitis. Despite years of digestive issues and recent severe abdominal pain, he didn't feel the need to do a colonscopy. I saw him again in May 2014, after a different doctor diagnosed me with cancer that was probably metastatic from my colon. I was able to get in to see Dr Doyle in 2 days for a scope, where he confirmed the diagnosis of colon cancer. He stated that my tumor was in my sigmoid and took biopsies. A pet/ct scan a few days later found that my cancer was actually at my splenic flexure, not in my sigmoid. Despite having a softball sized tumor that was obstructing my colon removed a week after the scope, he somehow missed my actual tumor and all biopsies were negative. He also used minimal monitoring (a pulse oximeter and blood pressure cuff) during the scope, which is substandard for the sedation that was given. Needless to say, I used a different GI for my next scope and will not be going back to Dr Doyle.
This doctor was good at one thing and one thing only. He seemed to have a knack for accurately diagnosing me. He managed to find and treat several different gastrointestinal ailments over the course of several years.However, being great at diagnosing someone only goes so far. If you don't have a good bedside manner then you still are only a sub-par doctor. This particular doctor made false accusations towards and about me without any inquiry and then wrote these false claims in my chart. He discharged me from his practice without warning and told me that my general practitioner could help me find a new gastroenterologist. Well, it isn't that easy when someone writes defamatory statements in your chart. I would recommend you think twice before taking Dr. Doyle on as your doctor because otherwise, you may find that his colleagues and friends are the ones who are doing the thinking and re-thinking.
Dr. Doyle is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
36 Years Experience
Saint Louis University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1982
St Mary Medical Center
Dr. James T Doyle accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Moda Health First Choice Network
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsInland Empire Gastroenterology, 105 W 8th Ave Ste 6050, Spokane, WA
Dr. James T Doyle is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Spokane, WA.