Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. James R Turrentine has the following 1 specialty
- General Practice
A general practitioner is similar to a family practitioner in that they treat patients of all ages with a variety of health concerns. These doctors treat everyday ailments, some acute and chronic diseases, and also provid health checkups, physicals, inoculations and preventative care.
General practitioners differ from family practitioners because they are not required to complete an additional residency in family medicine after completing their medical school residency. Like family practitioners, general practitioners will also provide referrals to patients who are in need of a specialist.
Showing 5 of 18
Dr T is a good doc. He has a good reputation for many years in Ardmore. He found my problem when others couldn't. He came to hospital late at night and saw i was there and helped. He came at 3 am in the morning to see my father. He is always willing to do what he can and doesn't overcharge. I respect him.
I had been to 5 doctors all to get inaccurate diagnosis. Finally I ended up in the hospital. If it wouldnt have been for Dr.Turrentine I would have died. He did emergency exploratory surgery to find my intestines were twisted and "dead". He removed 4 foot of my small intestines. I would have died if not for this doctor.
50 Years Experience
University Of Kansas School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1968
Dr. James R Turrentine accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS OK BlueChoice
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- CommunityCare PPO Standard Network
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsDoctors Clinic, 800 Isabel St, Ardmore, OK
Dr. James R Turrentine is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Ardmore, OK.