Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. James I Wallstrom has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Showing 5 of 8
I have known Dr. Wallstrom for over 20 ears. He takes the time to treat each patient with respect, compassion, and a medical expertise that is outstanding. When you are with him he makes you feel as though you were his only patient. He is attentive, knowledgeable and a superior physician. I feel safe and confident in his care.
Dr. Wallstrom always treats patients with kindness. He is caring and considerate. He always spends time to explain when you have questions. He never rushes you out of his office. He provides not only medical treatment and also mental support and comfort. He is kind of doctors you can trust with you life. He has all the fine qualities of a doctor.
Patients' Choice Award (2013, 2010, 2011)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011, 2013)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
29 Years Experience
Loma Linda University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1989
Mayo Clinic And Medical School
Locations & DirectionsJames Ira Wallstrom Md, 50 Bellefontaine St Ste 205, Pasadena, CA
Dr. James I Wallstrom is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Pasadena, CA.