Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Jan V Bear has the following 1 specialty
- Orthopaedic Surgery
Dr. Jan V Bear has the following 15 expertise
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Herniated Disc
- Joint Replacement
- Knee Surgery
- Sports Medicine
- Bone Fracture
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Hip Surgery
- Hip Osteoarthritis
Dr. Jan V Bear has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 40
Because there are no 1/2 stars, I can honestly say that I have never experienced such a rude, patronizing, arrogant, condescending person in my life, let alone a Physician!! He never looked at me, never introduced himself, never even acknowledged me or my painful situation, never even said 'bye'. No discharged instructions were given. Frankly, my auto mechanic has more beside manners. He was rough and careless in the procedure and I hope to never have ANY contact with him again. How ever does he call himself a human, much less a medical doctor. And I paid him to provide this abuse. Horrific!
You were recommended as a good doctor, but I want to say you were fantastic with my hip replacement. You and your team took care of me and my illness which had become a nightmare with pain and thanks to you became a reality of being pain free and able to walk again. You changed my life. I commend you and your office staff who have been kind, efficient and patient. Thank you so much Dr. Bear!!
I had my knee replaced by Jan Bear in Aug'2015. I am totally pleased with the results. The pre-surgery seminar was absolutely helpful in understanding what to expect. Dr. Bear does not spent a lot of time "chit-chatting" and makes his office visits very short and to the point, which to some may appear cold and insensitive. After 1.5 years of constant knee pain.....I am finally pain free. Dr. Bear is an outstanding surgeon, and if I had to chose between a friendly, outgoing Dr. or someone who gets me the results I'm looking for..... give me good results any day!! I must say, the "Bear Team" as a whole were excellent during my hospital stay!!
32 Years Experience
University Of New Mexico School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1986
Dr. Jan V Bear accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
BCBS New Mexico
- BCBS NM PPO NM
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Presbyterian ASO
- Presbyterian Commercial
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsChristus St Vincent Orthopedic Group, 1631 Hospital Dr Ste 200, Santa Fe, NM
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Jan V Bear in this video.
Dr. Jan V Bear is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Santa Fe, NM.