The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer, including signs, symptoms & what happens to the body in each stage of cancer.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Breast Cancer Breast cancer facts, including risks for developing it.
- Cancer Get the facts you need about cancer.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Head and Neck Cancer Facts about head and neck cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Lymphoma Lymphoma symptoms & the difference between Hodgkin's & Non-Hodgkin's.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Jan H Wong has the following 2 specialties
- Surgical Oncology
Surgical oncologists play various roles in treating cancer. They can perform biopsies to determine if a tumor is cancerous or not. If it is, they’re trained to remove the tumor, tissue, and in some cases, all or part of an organ or bodily structure where the cancer has spread. In addition to removing cancer, they can perform any reconstructive surgeries that may be necessary.
Many surgical oncologists specialize in certain types of cancer, such as liver, lung or breast. Don’t be afraid to ask them what they have the most experience treating. When looking for a doctor, it’s important to know that general surgeons are also qualified to perform many of the same surgeries. However, surgical oncologists have specific training in recognizing and treating cancer, which some patients prefer.
Dr. Jan H Wong has the following 17 expertise
- Cerebrovascular Disorders
- Carotid Stenosis
- Breast Diseases
- Skin Cancer
- Lymph Node Excision (Lymph node removal)
- Squamous Cell Carcinoma
- Liver Diseases
- Breast Cancer
- Digestive System Abnormalities
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Colorectal Cancer
- Vascular Surgical Procedures
- Carotid Endarterectomy
Dr. Jan H Wong has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 7
Dr Wong did my breast surgery in 2016 .,he is a great doctor . He knew I was afraid ,he took the time to explain everything thing to me ,so I fully understood everything about my type of breast cancer . Dr Wong and his staff helped to make things a lot easier for me to go through . Great doctor , thanks Dr Wong
I am a very happy 2015 breast cancer survivor! Dr Wang is one Dr Wang is one of the most passionate doctors who showed through his actions that he cares about the total well being of his patients. I am one of his patients and would definitely recommend him to my family and friends. I am so blessed to have a doctor like Dr Wang. The entire team is AWESOME!
I have had the oppurtunity of meeting Dr. Jan Wong professionally and as a patient while he practiced in Hawaii. I have the utmost respect for him, as he is very thorough, highly qualified and respected by fellow physicians, patients, and his staff. I definitely wouldn't hestiate to refer family, and friends to him for surgical care. He is missed here in Hawaii!
On-Time Doctor Award (2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
40 Years Experience
Rush Medical College Of Rush University Medical Center
Graduated in 1978
Dr. Jan H Wong accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
BCBS North Carolina
- BCBS NC Blue Value
- BCBS NC BlueOptions
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Locations & DirectionsEcu Physicians, 600 Moye Blvd, Greenville, NC
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Jan H Wong in this video.
Dr. Jan H Wong is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Greenville, NC.