Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- HIV/AIDS The differences between HIV & AIDS; signs, symptoms & complications.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Shingles Facts about shingles, including symptoms & possible long-term effects.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Jane H Chretien has the following 2 specialties
- Infectious Disease
An infectious disease specialist has specialized training in the diagnosis and treatment of contagious diseases.
Infectious diseases, also known as contagious or transmissible diseases, are those that stem from pathogen from a host organism. These infections may spread to other carriers through physical touch, airborne inhalation, bodily fluids or contaminated foods.
Infectious disease specialists identify whether the disease is caused by bacteria, a virus, a fungus or a parasite often through blood tests and then determine what course of treatment, if any, is necessary.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Hepatitis C
- AIDS/HIV (Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome)
- Strep Infection (Streptococcal Infections)
- HIV Infections
- Yeast Infection (Candidiasis)
- Weight Loss
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 16
Dr. Chretien is as close to a traditional, caring doctor of the 1950s as possible. On top of her communication skills, she is an excellent diagnostician. I feel that she treats me holistically. She goes beyond symptoms and tests to understand what is happening in my life that may impact on my health.
I've been seeing Dr. Chretien for years, and feel lucky to be under her care. She is the kind of doctor who stays current with the literature, who follows up, and makes herself available whenever needed. At one point I left her care because of insurance reasons, but after trying a few other doctors, decided she was well worth the hassle of going outside network.
Dr. Chretien was my internist for about 15 years. Recently I contacted another internist for financial reasons, since Dr. C. does not accept medicare. The new internist did not have an opening for several weeks. In the interim I developed severe muscular pain and re-contacted Dr. C for medication. She did give me a perscription, but announced she could not take me back as a patient since the new doctor had requested my records. She did not offer a clear explanation and refused to give me names of other physicians--thus abandoning me after all these years.
Patients' Choice Award (2015, 2014, 2016, 2011)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2015, 2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
- University Of Medicine And Dentistry Of New Jersey Robert Wood Johnson Medical School
Dr. Jane H Chretien accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsBethesda Physicians Pc, 8120 Woodmont Ave Ste 320, Bethesda, MD
Dr. Jane H Chretien is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Bethesda, MD.