Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Janet G Hansom has the following 2 specialties
- Hospice & Palliative Medicine
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 10
I like this clinic in general, but agree with a previous reviewer that Dr. Hansom is not interested in a patient being proactive about his or her healthcare. As a 45-year old overweight person with a family history of heart disease, Alzheimers, diabetes, and breast cancer who wants to take charge of my health and keep an eye on my risk factors, all she cared about was why I wasn't there for a pap. Her demeanor was adversarial from the moment she walked in the door, and she spoke to me as if I was a disobedient child instead of having a conversation with me as an adult.
Dr. Hansom is one of the few doctors who listens and gives you the time needed without rushing you. She genuinely cares about her patients. Due to this you may find her wait times to be a little longer than normal. She is one of the few remaining physicians who cares more about quality than quantity! To me, that is worth waiting for.
29 Years Experience
University Of Washington School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1989
Providence Medical Center
Dr. Janet G Hansom accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- First Health PPO
Group Health Coop
- Group Health Coop Alliant Plus Connect
- Group Health Coop Core
- Premera Heritage Signature
- Premera Heritage and Heritage Plus 1
- Premera LifeWise Connect
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsFamily Care Network, 2116 E Section St, Mount Vernon, WA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Janet G Hansom in this video.
Dr. Janet G Hansom is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Mount Vernon, WA.