Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Janet Michaelson
Dr. Janet Michaelson, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Penn Valley, PA. She has 35 years of experience. Her specialties include Pediatrics. Dr. Michaelson is affiliated with Children's Hospital of Philadelphia, Main Line Hospital - Bryn Mawr and Bryn Mawr Rehabilitation Hospital. She speaks English.
Dr. Janet Michaelson has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
- Behavioral Disorders
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 5
Dr. Michaelson is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Children's Hospital of Philadelphia
Main Line Hospital - Bryn Mawr
Bryn Mawr Rehabilitation Hospital
Main Line Hospital Paoli
Main Line Hospital Lankenau
Riddle Memorial Hospital
-Paoli Hospital - On staff since 1995
-Bryn Mawr Hospital - On staff since 1983
M L Hospital Lankenau
Lankenau Medical Center
Main Line Health System
M L Health-Paoli Memorial Hospital
Lankenau Medical Center - On staff since
M L Hospital Bryn Mawr Hospital
35 Years Experience
University Of Pennsylvania School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1978
Childrens Hospital Of Philadelphia
Dr. Janet Michaelson accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- AmeriHealth HMO, POS, DPOS
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Capital Blue Cross
- Capital BC PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- First Health PPO
- Highmark Community Blue PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- IBC Keystone HMO POS
- IBC Personal Choice PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Health Garden State
- Oxford Liberty
- Oxford Metro
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsAdvocare Main Line Pediatrics, 701 Montgomery Ave, Penn Valley, PA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Janet Michaelson in this video.
Dr. Janet Michaelson is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Penn Valley, PA.