Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Janet M Pragit has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Janet M Pragit has the following 13 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
- Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT)
- Preventive Medicine
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
Dr. Janet M Pragit has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 67
I visited Dr.Pragit about 2 years ago because I was experiencing a severe bloating in my lower abdomen. I looked 6 months pregnant and was experiencing a lot of extreme pain. Pragit barely examined me, told me that I was "probably just constipated' and then said she would have a specialist call me. She saw me for all of 5 minutes and a specialist never got back to me. At the time I had no insurance and was under 18 so I didn't have the money to return to the doctor and what turned out to be a cantaloupe sized ovarian cyst went untreated for 2 more years. I ended up losing my right ovary and fallopian tube in 2016. This is something that Pragit could have easily caught if she actually cared about her patients and could have saved my right ovary simply by writing an ultrasound referral.
Did not help me with my medical problems. Gave me the name of another doctor that was just as bad.Are there any good doctors left in the valley? It seems to be a race to see how many cattle you can pass through the office . the most money possible. THANKS FOR NOTHING. Won"t be a second appointment!!
The medical assistant who brought me into the hallway to do my vitals was very unpleasant. Everyone in the office seemed to not like being there. Dr. Pragit was terrible. I came in for an annual wellness exam and tried telling her I had been experiencing panic attacks. She cut me off said she can't see me for "all of this" today and made me pick what was more important. Obviously my panic attacks. She literally told me to try over the counter herbal anxiety meds. She refused to put me on a low dose of anti anxiety medicine because she "doesn't like them" and then wrote me a script to take an ANTIDEPRESSENT EVERYDAY which multiples my anxiety and made me feel horribly sick. She spent maybe 2 minutes with me. She probably didn't even know my name while she was standing there talking to me. This was almost 2 years Ago but this experience was very upsetting. Go to a real doctor who will listen to you and actually help you.
Dr. Pragit is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
16 Years Experience
Western University Of Health Sciences
Graduated in 2002
Dr. Janet M Pragit accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of AZ
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Aetna Whole Health Banner Health Network HMO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net AZ PPO HSA
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana National POS
- Humana Phoenix HMOx
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Janet M Pragit in this video.
Dr. Janet M Pragit is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Chandler, AZ.