Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Janice L Levesque Bishop has the following 2 specialties
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Geriatric Medicine
A geriatric specialist is a physician who treats the elderly population and the conditions that most commonly affect them. These doctors have special training in the effects of aging on the body and mind of a patient.
Geriatric specialists treat common ailments faced by senior citizens, such as frailty, incontinence, memory problems, arthritis, senility, decreased functioning and more.
In addition, geriatric specialists keep abreast of the different medications that an elderly person is prescribed to treat their more complex health issues in order to decrease adverse side effects and avoid dangerous drug interactions.
Dr. Janice L Levesque Bishop has the following 9 expertise
- Sports Medicine
- Preventive Medicine
- Weight Loss
- Family Planning
- Women's Health
Dr. Janice L Levesque Bishop has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 7
As a female who is not a physician, but knows something about medicine, it was refreshing to met a physician who could listen seriously to my input and suggestions, and still offer me helpful information and feedback. Many doctors are too busy to offer time, or too sure they know better, they overlook or do not take in important feedback from patients. I really appreciated her approach.
Warning! DO NOT become a patient of Dr. Janice Bishop. I inherited her after my real doctor left Mercer Island Primary Care (for good reason, probably). Janice Bishop is rude, aloof, did not phone me in a timely matter regarding MRI results which could have been cancer, did not bother to fax a prescription refill for me and did not return my inquiry phone calls as to why the prescription was not refilled.
I've been seeing Dr. Bishop for a little over 6 months now and I can honestly say that she is the most attentive, caring and thorough doctor, in any discipline, that I have ever been treated by. What appeals to me most is her willingness to listen completely to what I have to say before examining me and making her diagnosis and considers my feelings regarding treatment. I honestly feel that of all of the doctors that I have seen, she genuinely has my best interests at heart. I will continue to see her as long as she is practicing medicine! I would recommend her to anyone. Thank you, Dr. Bishop!
33 Years Experience
University Of Washington School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1985
Dr. Janice L Levesque Bishop accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Aetna Whole Health Providence Swedish WA
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Moda Health First Choice Network
- Premera Heritage and Heritage Plus 1
Regence Health Plans
- Regence WA Preferred Provider Network
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsSwedish Medical Group, 12917 SE 38th St Ste 100, Bellevue, WA
Dr. Janice L Levesque Bishop is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Bellevue, WA.