Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Jason K Austin
Dr. Jason K Austin, DO is a Doctor primarily located in Johnston, RI, with another office in Johnston, RI. He has 21 years of experience. His specialties include Family Medicine. Dr. Austin is affiliated with Our Lady of Fatima Hospital. Dr. Austin has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Jason K Austin has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Weight Loss
- Family Planning
Showing 5 of 46
ATWOOD MEDICAL CENTER in JOHNSTON, RI: Dr Austin listened intently to my concerns, and took them seriously. His attentiveness led to a few follow-up visits, additional tests, and a willingness to work toward restoring me to health...100%. Only issue is that the office is VERY busy. Appointments have been relatively easy to get, but call backs may take a day or two. Patience patients!
Nice person, unreliable doctor. Completely unreachable. Takes weeks to get a call back. Better off just making an appointment. Doesn't know how to look up preferred drug lists or specific medications. Very hard to get anything accomplished with him. Called my other doctor and had the problem solved in literally 2 minutes what took him 2 weeks to do. Very unhappy. Would never recommend to anyone.
I have known Jason for a long time and I know that he truly has a passion for helping people. He has truly found his calling in medicine and helping people feel better is something thats really important to him. He is kind down to earth and a really genuine guy. so if you have any illness issue he is my number person to go to if you really want to get better.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011, 2010)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2009, 2008, 2010)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Top 10 Doctor - City (2014)
Top 10 Doctors are chosen by the millions of patients who visit Vitals each year to find a new doctor and share their experiences by providing ratings and reviews. In order to differentiate highly-regarded doctors from the rest for patients in search of quality care, Vitals awards Top 10 Doctor honors to those physicians within a certain specialty and geographic area who are consistently given top ratings by their patients.
Dr. Austin is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
21 Years Experience
New York College Of Osteopathic Medicine
Graduated in 1997
Dr. Jason K Austin accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem PPO Century Preferred CT
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
BCBS Rhode Island
- BCBS RI HealthMate Coast to Coast
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Harvard Pilgrim ChoiceNet HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim PPO
Tufts Health Plan
- Tufts Granite Advantage EPO, PPO and Saver
- Tufts PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Jason K Austin in this video.
Dr. Jason K Austin is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Johnston, RI.