Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Jason A Konner has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Showing 5 of 16
Dr. Konner is young, personable and willing to spend as much time as needed with a patient. At first, I was annoyed by 3 hour waits but now realize that by spending so much time with me, he's doing that with other patients as well. Hence, the wait time. I don't know what my outcome will be but I'm halfway through my treatment and followups. New things pop up and that's the nature of the disease not the fault of the doctor. Positive thinking is very important. You gotta like a guy that bounces around the floors in sneakers and does what he can to fill in for other doctors.
I've been treated by Dr. Konner for a very rare type of uterine cancer since 2010, and have found him to be competent, communicative, and caring. He's also youthful and energetic, and keeps well informed on the latest developments in the field, especially chemotherapies. His staff is likewise young, pleasant, and well-mannered.I'm bewildered by the harsher negative comments here, which I suspect may have more to do with the Memorial Sloan-Kettering experience than with the doctor himself. People usually visit MSK when they are in BIG medical trouble, and everyone's outcome will not be good regardless of who's in charge of their care. And the waits can be long. (But do you really want to consult a doctor no one else wants to see?) I feel I've gotten fine treatment overall, and recommend this doctor with confidence. The first oncologist I saw assured me I'd be dead in 2 years; since that would be just about now, I'm very happy to say I'm enjoying a full remission.
19 Years Experience
Stanford University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1999
Dr. Jason A Konner accepts the following insurance providers.
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
MVP Health Plan
- MVP Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Health Garden State
- Oxford Liberty
- Oxford Metro
- QualCare HMO
- QualCare PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Jason A Konner is similar to the following 3 Doctors near New York, NY.