Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Jatin H Joshi has the following 2 specialties
- Pain Medicine
Anesthesiologists are physicians who are trained to administer anesthetics, which are medicines used to block nerve sensation. Anesthesia can be either local to one specific part of a body, like a tooth, or regional to block feeling to a larger portion of the body, such as during an epidural for child birth. It can also be more general to block sensation to the entire body, resulting in unconsciousness.
Anesthesiologists assist in surgery by determining how much anesthesia is necessary and by monitoring the patient's level of responsiveness and vital signs throughout the procedure. The anesthesia specialist will also bring the patient out of anesthesia and then continue to monitor his or her vital signs post-operation.
Besides assisting in surgeries, anesthesiologists may also treat patients suffering from chronic pain.
- Cancer Pain
- Chronic Pain
- Acute Pain
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 12
A few months ago I was in a very dark place. My back, hip, and leg pain were so severe I feared that I was going to be paralyzed or at least never live a normal life again. The ER at NY Presbyterian sent me to him for a follow up. I was terrified, but Dr. Joshi was so incredibly warm, caring, and a great listener. I felt supported and trusted him completely. The epidural steroid eased my pain tremendously. I now have my life back and I am so grateful. Whatever lies ahead, I feel comforted knowing that I have a great support system.
I told Dr. Joshi my pain was being caused by my adjuvant cancer therapy. My diffuse pain started when I began the medication, but I continued the meds because, of course, I want to beat the cancer. I should have asked Dr. Joshi if he had experience in the area of pain caused by cancer meds. He spent six months trying to solve all my arthritis problems, which were under control with NSAIDs before I met him. It was all wasted time and money. Instead, I should have found a new oncologist and a new cancer medication that doesn't cause aches, pains, spasms, and cramps. Advice to all: ALWAYS ASK THE HIP SURGEON HOW MANY HIP SURGERIES HE HAS DONE!!! Comprenez? Every medical specialty out there has sub-specialties. If you know what is causing your pain, begin by asking Dr. Joshi pointblank if he has lots of experience treating your kind of pain. He will not admit to his own lack of knowledge. Few doctors will.
12 Years Experience
University Of North Carolina At Chapel Hill School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2006
Dr. Jatin H Joshi accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Jatin H Joshi is similar to the following 3 Doctors near New York, NY.