Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetes Diabetes facts and the differences between the different types.
- Diabetic Hyperlipidemia Get all of the facts about diabetic hyperlipidemia.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- High Blood Pressure Facts about high blood pressure; its causes and complications.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Javeria Ahmed MD
Dr. Javeria Ahmed, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Cordova, TN, with other offices in Jackson, TN and Jackson, TN . Her specialties include Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism and Internal Medicine. Dr. Ahmed is affiliated with Baptist Memorial Hospital Union City. She speaks English.
Dr. Javeria Ahmed has 3 locations
290 S Walnut Bend Rd Ste 1
Cordova, TN 38018
2863 Highway 45 Byp
Jackson, TN 38305
Book Online Now
Dr. Javeria Ahmed has the following 2 specialties
- Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism
An endocrinologist is a physician with extensive training in understanding, diagnosing and treating conditions related to the endocrine system. The endocrine system regulates the balance of hormones.
Conditions of the endocrine system involve an over-abundance, or deficiency of a certain hormone. While there is a range when it comes to the amount of a hormone that is deemed normal in a human, these specialists determine whether a person's amount of hormone is indicative of a health concern. Two conditions this specialist might treat are diabetes and obesity.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Javeria Ahmed has the following 20 expertise
- Adrenal Gland Diseases
- Thyroid Diseases
- Diabetes Mellitus, Type 1
- Addison Disease
- Weight Loss
- Gland Issues
- Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS)
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
- Diabetes, Type 2
- Parathyroid Diseases
- Cushing Disease
- Metabolic Bone Diseases
Showing 1 of 1
Self-verified patient of Dr. Javeria Ahmed - Posted on June 21st, 2013
She is no longer at this location and with this group. She has joined another group and their staff is horrible. I left a call for them on Monday and it is now Friday afternoon and no one ever called me back. I believe I need to start looking for a new Diabetes doctor. The staff SUCKS. But I love her. Too bad the staff is making this decision for me.
Dr. Ahmed is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Dr. Javeria Ahmed Accepts the Following Insurance
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TN Blue Network S
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Javeria Ahmed is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Cordova, TN.