Dr. Jay Matut Is this you?

2.8

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Jay Matut?

Great Doctor for Years

Posted on December 9th, 2016

I have been a patient of Dr. Matut's since I was in my early 20's he has always been considerate and always been professional to me. No matter what my situiation he has guided me to be the best option and has always taken the time to explain the full situaiton to me and why he is choosing his course of action. He has never steered me wrong and has always been kind to me. I have been his patient for over 20 years now. He is a great doctor.

Do not recommend

Posted on July 1st, 2016

I was rushed into a C-section and was treated rudely; no time was spent explaining choices or options or even implications of C-section. Eye-rolling and unprofessional behaviours when I asked questions. Look elsewhere .

Posted on January 4th, 2016

He tried to railroad me into a c-section and snapped at me when I asked questions. Scary, miserable experience.

I would not recommend this doctor

Posted on September 1st, 2010

This doctor was unprofessional and somewhat belligerent. It was obvious that he was not listening to me as I tried to explain why I was there. I would not recommend this doctor.

Extremely poor bedside mannar

Posted on May 26th, 2010

During a prenatal visit, I asked two questions. He made me feel each one was a ridiculous question to ask and that I was wasting his time. Other doctors I'd seen previously in this practice spent 15-20 minutes engaging in talk about my babies health and upcoming birth. Dr. Matut was very abrupt, bordering on rude. I had a quite serious medical condition that needed to be discussed but I left his office without even bringing it up. Extremely disappointing.

Posted on April 28th, 2010

Did not take the time to review my medical history before prescribing medication. Felt like an inconvenience rather than a patient and had a vague sense that this doctor would rather be somewhere else than discussing treatment and follow-up options. Front office staff can be unprofessional, disorganized.

WARNING! Dr. Matut did not catch a life-threatening condition or follow up with us at all.

Posted on December 5th, 2009

Dr. Jay Matut and his office failed to find an obvious heart condition with our child while he was still in utero, nor did he ever follow up after the birth in any way.Our child was born with hypoplastic left heart syndrome, a condition that by the account of ALL doctors and nurses that we have spoken to is specifically tested for during pregnancy. Our first indication of it was when our baby began to turn blue 20 minutes after his birth. Not only did Matut fail to find it in the scan, but he never followed up with us either to check on our child or the condition of his mother post C-Section.We cannot warn you strongly enough about avoiding this doctor.

Great Ob and Gyn

Posted on July 14th, 2009

Always caring, answered all my questions, gave me options for treatment. Best overall doctor experience I've had in NYC.

Posted on April 19th, 2009

Dr .matut is an excellent gyn doctor one of the BEST!

Posted on July 10th, 2015