Your bladder is the hollow, muscular organ in your lower belly where urine is stored. When you urinate, the muscles of your bladder contract and push urine out through a tube called the urethra. Bladder cancer starts when cells in the bladder start to grow out of control. These cells can form into a bladder tumor. They can also spread outside your bladder to lymph nodes and to structures far from the bladder, like your bones, lungs or liver. This is known as metastasis.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Head and Neck Cancer Facts about head and neck cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Jay S Talsania
Dr. Jay S Talsania, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Allentown, PA. He has 27 years of experience. His specialties include Orthopaedic Surgery of the Hand, Surgery of the Hand and Orthopaedic Surgery. Dr. Talsania is affiliated with Lehigh Valley Hospital Cedar Crest Campus. Dr. Talsania has received 4 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Jay S Talsania has the following 3 specialties
- Orthopaedic Surgery of the Hand
- Surgery of the Hand
Hand surgeons are certified surgeons who are also experts in the function and structure of your wrists, hands and forearms. This allows them to treat arthritis, carpal tunnel, trigger finger and tennis elbow, most of which tend to result from repetitive and excessive use of the corresponding joints, muscles, tendons and ligaments.
Hand surgeons also commonly work with patients who have fractures or broken bones from any kind of accident. If you're experiencing any kind of general pain in your hand, wrist or forearm that isn’t going away, a hand surgeon is probably your best resource.
- Orthopaedic Surgery
Dr. Jay S Talsania has the following 18 expertise
- Elbow Nerve Compression Syndrome (Ulnar Nerve Compression Syndromes)
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Finger Injuries
- Wrist Injury
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Tennis Elbow
- Broken Bones (Bone Fractures)
- Hand Injuries
- Trigger Finger Disorder
- Finger Replacement Surgery (Finger Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Tendon Injuries (Tendiopathy)
- Wrist Fracture (Colles Fracture)
- Elbow Fracture (Ulna Fractures)
- Dupuytren's Contracture
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Arthroscopic Surgery (Arthroscopy)
Dr. Jay S Talsania has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Jay S Talsania is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 62
Doctor Talsania is a people doctor he truly has old school ethics I patient care with the latest and greatest methods of care. Talks to you 1on 1 and truly listens to concerns. Has performed multiple surgeries on me and I have never felt so comfortable before, each surgery helps me to attain goals I set to reach. I thank GOD every day for finding him for my care. If you need care of your upper extremities he is the doctor to go to.
Dr. Talsania just completed reconstructive surgery on my right thumb and the same surgery 6 months ago on my left thumb. As a classical keyboard musician, I was very concerned about having any surgery on my hands. Dr. Talsania's expertise, professionalism, genuine concern, and jovial personality put me at ease in facing what could be career saving procedures. Since I am still in recovery, I am not yet ready to play public concert, but thanks to Dr. Talsania's care, I know I will be in due time.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2016, 2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice 5th Anniversary Award (2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018)
The Patients' Choice Award - 5 Year Honoree is a recognition granted only to those doctors whose ratings have reflected excellence in care for five years in a row. Only 1% of all doctors in the United States are bestowed this honor by their patients.
Dr. Talsania is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
27 Years Experience
Temple University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1991
Temple University Health System
Dr. Jay S Talsania accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Capital Blue Cross
- Capital BC Keystone Health Plan Central HMO
- Capital BC PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica HMO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
Geisinger Health Plan
- Geisinger Health Plan
- Highmark Community Blue PPO
- Highmark PPOBlue
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsOaa Orthopedic Specialists, 250 Cetronia Rd Ste 303, Allentown, PA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Jay S Talsania in this video.
Dr. Jay S Talsania is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Allentown, PA.