Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Jayant Dey has the following 2 specialties
- Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Jayant Dey has the following 21 expertise
- Diabetes (Types I & II)
- Cushing Disease
- Lipid Metabolism Disorders
- Adrenal Gland Diseases
- Addison Disease
- Lipid Disorders
- Metabolic Bone Diseases
- Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS)
- Pregnancy Complications
- Weight Loss
- Thyroid Diseases
- Gland Issues
- Diabetes, Type 2
Dr. Jayant Dey has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Jayant Dey is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 53
Dr. Dey is the best! I had a brain tumor which had left me almost totally disabled. I felt like other doctors had just given up on me. Dr. Dey never gave up, he took time with my family and me, consulted other doctors, and kept digging until he found something to help me. Today I am totally mobile and living a normal life. THANK YOU, Dr. Dey and staff! God bless you!
Nothing but amazing things to say. He runs a tight ship meaning his office & staff is on key with everything. You don't see anyone slacking off in any area from the front office to cleaning. I overpaid once and got a refund in the mail immediately before I even took notice of the over payment. His nurse practitioner Dr. Nancy Hooks is amazing as well. You willove her. It is at first u comfortable because you are there to get to the root of the issues you have going on, but I promise after that first initial visit you will know that it's because they all love what they do, that they are there. I love that they have no ties to NMMC because it seems because of this HONESTY is always their goal. What's the point of a doctor's appointment if you don't have honesty?! I was happy to know my medical situation was something that could be helped. They are also very sure to do blood work in office that way you are not running from place to place and he will check out his work twice. I could go on and on...but I will lwt you see for yourself. The checkout lat could learn to smile more...I thinm ahe suffers from frowntopia haha. Other than that I say, he & Ms. Nancy Hooks are an awesome pair.
Patients' Choice Award (2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Alton Ochsner Medical Foundation
Dr. Jayant Dey accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsJayant Dey Md, 910 Mary Vance Dr, Tupelo, MS
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Jayant Dey in this video.
Dr. Jayant Dey is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Tupelo, MS.