Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Jeffery J Dorociak has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Jeffery J Dorociak has the following 15 expertise
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Abdominal Pain
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Celiac Disease
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Crohn's Disease
- Hepatitis C
- Colon Diverticulum
- Ulcerative Colitis
Dr. Jeffery J Dorociak has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Jeffery J Dorociak is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 23
I was not impressed with Dr. Dorociak at my first visit and will probably ask my PCP to refer me to another gastroenterologist. I arrived about 15 minutes early for my appointment as requested to complete the new patient paperwork. I was taken to an exam room promptly at the appointed time. Dr. Dorociak rushed into the room 45 minutes late with no apology or explanation. Then he didn't have my PCP's initial diagnosis at hand because no one bothered to put it in my chart. He acted as if he didn't believe me when I told him the diagnosis. He was brusque, rushed and very pushy. I was not at all comfortable with him.
Dr. Dorociak Has been my gastroenterologist for 14 years now and has helped me tremendously. He diagnosed and treated my acid reflux that had progressed to the point it was causing serious health concerns. I followed him to his new office and since then, he has been able to spend more time with his patients which is a rarity these days.
I first went to Dr. Dorociak in 1996 for stomach pain and acid reflux. He performed an endoscopy on me and found ulcers and a pre-cancerous condition. He put me on medication that cured the reflux, allowed the ulcers to heal and the pre-cancerous condition was found to have disappeared when he did two follow-up endoscopies in later years. Recently, he performed a colonoscopy that discovered four polyps, one of which he felt needed removal by someone with more expertise in that type of polyp. I appreciated that candor as it was in our best interest. Dr. Dorociak removed the others and I had the fourth successfully removed later on. Those two conditions were potential killers, so I am glad he's my gastroenterologist. He's always been patient with me and explained things and I plan to follow him to his new practice.
Dr. Dorociak is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
30 Years Experience
Medical University Of South Carolina College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1988
Sc Medical Center
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsTimothy John Spurling Md, 101 Johns St Ste 430, Florence, SC
Dr. Jeffery J Dorociak is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Florence, SC.