Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Jeffrey F Moy
Dr. Jeffrey F Moy, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Sacramento, CA, with another office in Sacramento, CA. He has 35 years of experience. His specialties include Family Medicine. Dr. Moy is affiliated with VA Northern California Health Care System. Dr. Moy has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Jeffrey F Moy has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Jeffrey F Moy has the following 6 expertise
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
Showing 5 of 12
My husband and I have been attending this clinic (Sacramento Family Medical Center on Watt Ave.) and seeing Dr. Moy since we were signed to Medi-cal earlier this year. Dr. Moy is the worst doctor I have EVER been to in my 57 years. He constantly types on his laptop repeating what he is typing. He requests brief "yes" or "no" answers to his questions. I once started to ask him about a growth on my foot and before I could finish my sentence he put his hand up to me to stop me talking.....said he had no time to listen to me yet he was quite happy to tell us about his golfing prowess in the middle of our appointment. There is minimal eye contact and he has barely put a hand on either of us during 6 or 7 visits. Absolutely NO bedside manner, no empathy or compassion, just statistics, facts and talking AT us, not to us. The staff at the clinic are the most incompetent, rude, condescending and uncaring health care workers I have ever experienced. Every time we have an appointment there is an issue with appointment times or scripts or some other problem (their mistakes), yet they always manage to try and blame us for the error. No one ever takes responsibility for their mistakes and no one EVER apologizes. I have blood pressure problems and my blood pressure gets worse every time I have to go here, wondering what is going to go wrong this time......I always feel emotionally abused and beaten up when I come out of that place.... We are looking to go elsewhere as soon as possible. DO NOT GO TO THIS CLINIC. Even poor people deserve decent health care and caring professionals and this is NOT the place to get help.
THE DOCTOR DIDNT EVEN TAKE THE TIME TO REALLY LISTEN TO THE PROBLEM SO HE COULD UNDERSTAND WHAT WHAT WAS GOING ON. HE JUST RUSHED ON TO OFF THE WALLL QUESTIONS LIKE HE'D ALREADY MADE UP IS MIND AND WASN'T INTERESTED IN ANY MORE INSTEAD OF ACTUALLY DISCUSSING THE SUBJECT LIKE i HAD A RIGHT TO BE INVOLVED.
NCQA Patient-Centered Medical Home
The patient-centered medical home is a way of organizing primary care that emphasizes care coordination and communication to transform primary care into what patients want it to be. Medical homes can lead to higher quality and lower costs, and can improve patients' and providers' experience of care.
Dr. Moy is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
35 Years Experience
University Of California Davis School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1983
Dr. Jeffrey F Moy accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Trio ACO HMO
- CIGNA HMO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC SignatureValue Focus
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Western Health Advantage
- Western Health Advantage
Locations & Directions
Dr. Jeffrey F Moy is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Sacramento, CA.