Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Jeffrey L Young MD
Dr. Jeffrey L Young, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Stanford, CA, with other offices in Palo Alto, CA and Palo Alto, CA (and 1 other location). He has 14 years of experience. His specialties include Orthopaedic Surgery and Pediatric Surgery. He speaks English.
Dr. Jeffrey L Young has 4 locations
730 Welch Rd Fl 1
Palo Alto, CA 94304
730 Welch Rd Fl 1
Palo Alto, CA 94304
Book Online Now
Dr. Jeffrey L Young has the following 2 specialties
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Pediatric Surgery
A pediatric surgeon is a qualified surgeon who has additional training in performing surgery on young patients, including fetuses (neonatal or fetal surgery), infants, children, adolescents and teenagers.
Because pediatric patients are still growing and developing, they are often more difficult to operate on than adults. These patients have smaller bodies and smaller organs requiring even more of a precise and measured approach by a surgeon.
Some of the conditions that may require the care of a pediatric surgeon are congenital malformations, such as cleft lip and palate, abdominal wall defects, like hernias, deformities of the chest wall, childhood tumors, like neuroblastomas and separation of conjoined twins.
Dr. Jeffrey L Young is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 6
Self-verified patient of Dr. Jeffrey L Young - Posted on August 31st, 2018
My daughter fractured a large bone, and Dr Young both did the immediate surgery to install a plate to help the bone heal, but also did all of our follow-up visits and later the hardware removal. He's a thoughtful, compassionate doctor who made absolute sure that he answered any and every question my wife, my daughter, and I had about anything he was doing or the treatment plan. We never felt rushed or hurried, and my daughter is fully healed! I'd absolutely recommend him.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Jeffrey L Young - Posted on December 17th, 2017
Dr. Jeffrey Young is an excellent physician. He is very caring and does not make rash decsions. He was very careful and thoughtful in caring for my son who broke multiple bones in his arm. It was a scary time for us but under Dr. Young's watchful supervision and guide, my son has recovered beautifully. I would highly recommend Dr Young. To anyone! Happy mom Brisbane, CA
arrogance blinds him to proper listening, eval and care
Self-verified patient of Dr. Jeffrey L Young - Posted on May 11th, 2017
I do not recommend him. His arrogance impedes my child getting appropriate medical care. For my child's complex conditions, he has twice left the room to seemingly look up the condition on the computer and then attempt to do testing/eval himself (methods not recommended by the experts). Then he chooses to question the global specialists for my child's conditions rather than defer to their thorough evaluation, findings and recommendations. We came to him only because insurance told us to for referrals. He has now inserted himself as a thorn to my child getting the help recommended by other medical practitioners who know her and her condition better than him. I have no trust in this doctor to listen to my child or the parents.
Helpful information expected..... not short and uninterested comments
Self-verified patient of Dr. Jeffrey L Young - Posted on May 7th, 2013
Our experience with Dr Young was one of frustration. We felt he was uninterested in our presentation of our 16 month old daughters' hip dysplasia. Not much time was spent explaining to us any preventative methods or treatments to try. He would wait to see her again when she was 3 yrs old. We would not recommend this doctor based on his mannerism and the carefree attitude concerning our daughters hip dysplasia. We were looking for answers not an attitude.
Father of child
Self-verified patient of Dr. Jeffrey L Young - Posted on March 20th, 2013
Patients' Choice Award (2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
14 Years Experience
University Of Pennsylvania School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2004
Dr. Jeffrey L Young Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
Blue Shield California
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Jeffrey L Young is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Stanford, CA.