Learn about the symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- Overactive Bladder Facts about overactive bladder (OAB): risk factors, symptoms & causes.
- Prostate Cancer Get the facts about prostate cancer, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Jeffrey S Lamont has the following 1 specialty
A urologist is a physician who specializes in diagnosing and treating conditions affecting the male reproductive system, as well as the urinary tracts of both males and females.
These doctors cover the kidneys, ureter, urinary bladder, adrenal glands, urethra, and the male reproductive organs which include the testes, epididymis, vas deferens, seminal vesicles, prostate and penis. Some common disorders that urologists treat are urinary tract infections (UTI), stress incontinence, benign prostatic hyperplasia, kidney stones, erectile dysfunction, kidney cancer, prostate cancer, testicular cancer, and cystitis. These urological specialists also perform vasectomies and vasectomy reversals.
- Bladder Issues
- Erectile Dysfunction (ED)
- Urologic Emergencies
- Overactive Urinary Bladder
- Prostate Cancer
- Kidney Stones
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 25
He treated me for IC and FINALLY realized how much pain I was in. I saw him because I refused to see (or to be in the same room again) with his partner ... but I believe the partner has aged out. I saw the partner because my pain had created an emergency. I think that it took him awhile but Dr. Lamont knows as much about IC as any urologist I've seen, and he's personable. After I made enough noise, he even offered to treat my pain.
Dr Lamont provided me with a good deal of information. He addressed the fact that cancer was a possibility and was very clear in his explanations. Explained the approach that he is taking and was open on what my options might be. Took time to answer questions. Still working on diagnosis but I feel comfortable that I am being treated well.
I had been having symptoms for quite some time and had been looking forward to this appointment with Dr. Lamont. I was so incredibly disappointed. I left in tears. He was condescending and dismissive. Learning to listen and have a conversation with a patient about their symptoms and what they are experiencing is a skill - one that Dr. Lamont has clearly not mastered.
Doctor was late (we waited more than 1 hour) and he did not communicate foreseable lateness, nor reason nor apologize. Lacks listening skills. Very condescending. Also skeptical about his own profession, about scientific studies in his field, about diagnosing in his field, about the lab/test results etc. Regularly fails to communicate full results of examinations and lab results to general physicians as well as patient. Faxes with results get lost at his office because he takes them off the fax as per his own staff) and staff and patient waste time redoing these. Not recommended.
33 Years Experience
Boston University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1985
Dr. Jeffrey S Lamont accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA HMO Blue with Managed Care Behavioral Health
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Harvard Pilgrim ChoiceNet HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Tufts Health Plan
- Tufts Granite Advantage EPO, PPO and Saver
- Tufts PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsNewton Wellesley Urology Pc, 2000 Washington St Ste 443, Newton Lower Falls, MA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Jeffrey S Lamont in this video.
Dr. Jeffrey S Lamont is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Newton Lower Falls, MA.