Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Jeffrie L Kamean has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Capsule Endoscopy
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Abdominal Pain
- Hepatitis C
- Celiac Disease
Showing 5 of 27
My wait was approaching an hour when I realized I could hear Dr. Kamean speaking with two pharmacuetical reps who had come in to the waiting room while I was waiting, though of course they didn't wait but were ushered to the back immediately. As I waited at the 45 minute mark in the examining room I could hear the doctor animatedly talking with the reps about how they could do their job better with different medical results he wanted to hear from them in order to move forward. As I listened around the 8-10 minute mark I heard him literally say "these are pearls of wisdom to you" I became furious. I exited the exam room and walked into his office where he had left the door open allowing me to hear his kind offers of pearls of wisdom and allowed as how I had been waiting an hour, maybe he should offer them this training opportunity on his time and not my (his patients) time. He then terminated their meeting and went into another exam room. Since I was clearly not the only patient kept waiting I decided to leave his practice and never return since he clearly doesn't respect my time.
While i sat waiting to meet Dr. Kamean in one of his exam rooms, I heard him being kind of a jerk to two other patients thru his super thin walls. He used the same line on all three of us. "Why don't you leave the diagnosis to me?" Diagnosis? Sorry, fella, just trying to describe my pain. Didn't mean to ruffle your feathers. He doesn't seem to have much interest in the mouth -end of his patients, not a big fan of letting people finish their sentences, and he presented me with informed consent papers to sign while i was naked and without glasses minutes before my colonoscopy that had been scheduled for 3 weeks. I asked if someone could go get my glasses, the requested was denied. He summarized the entire page in 20 words and insisted i sign the form blind. This is called a "gurney consent" which is generally reserved for emergemcy situations and is frowned upon by medical ethicists for routine procedures. I do not intemd to continue this relationship.
Dr Kaemean is the best doctor I have ever had the opportunity to meet with and be treated by, I have known him for 11 years and had several procedures done by him and his refering surgen. I have trusted my life with him and he has made my life much better through surgery and follow up such as endo and colon procedures. I would recomend him to all. Bedside manner is second to none, personality is great, knowledgeable and great at what he does.
20 minutes to even be given paperwork after checking in (I checked in 15 minutes early; got ppw 5 minutes late). Another 45 minutes to see MD. I could hear him talking *in detail* with the patient in the next room - not confidential. Spoke to me as if I was a child. Spoke over me while I was trying to ask questions and many answers were not helpful - i.e. answered things I wasn't actually asking. Cynical.
26 Years Experience
Mount Sinai School Of Medicine Of New York University
Graduated in 1992
Dr. Jeffrie L Kamean accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Open Access POS Alternate Network
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Choice HMO
- BCBS GA Blue Choice PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Open Access POS
- BCBS GA BlueChoice Option POS
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry CoventryOne - GA
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsVascular Medicine & Surgery Specialists, 2675 N Decatur Rd Ste 305, Decatur, GA
Dr. Jeffrie L Kamean is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Decatur, GA.