Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Jerome L Kolavo
Dr. Jerome L Kolavo, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Warrenville, IL, with other offices in Dekalb, IL and Naperville, IL (and 1 other location). He has 35 years of experience. His specialties include Orthopaedic Surgery of the Spine and Orthopaedic Surgery. Dr. Kolavo is affiliated with Northwestern Medicine Central DuPage Hospital and Marianjoy Rehabilitation Hospital. Dr. Kolavo has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Jerome L Kolavo has the following 2 specialties
- Orthopaedic Surgery of the Spine
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Sports Medicine
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Spinal Fusion
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Hip Osteoarthritis
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 15
I went to Dr. Kolavo for a second opinion and decided he was the surgeon for me. He was thorough, careful and did not rush me into any decisions. He was no-nonsense in in his explanations to me, explained the x-rays and discussed choices with me. Throughout my experience, he was thoughtful and above all, kind.
My primary Doctor referred me, he Missed diagnosed me, he stated I am Morbidly Obese, I have high blood pressure and I'm diabetic although there is no test that was done by his office stating this.. So I am not diabetic nor have blood-pressure, he then wanted me to start therapy, I was seeing a nonsurgical doctor and had therapy done through them which made my condition worse, so that's why I was referred to this doctor. 4 MRI's, 7 CT Scans have been done, I need a level III fusion L3-L5-S1, surgery on my cervical C4-6, he told me to stop using my Cane and Walker and now I'm having left side to full body paralysis do not recommend the doctor you've been warned..
Dr. Kolavo has performed 3 surgeries on me in the past 15 years. He is an amazing surgeon who truly cares about his patients well-being. He spends time with his patients explaning all options and answering any questions that may put the patients mind to east. I would never go to anyone else for my back issues!
Patients' Choice Award (2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Kolavo is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
35 Years Experience
University Of Illinois College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1983
Mc Gaw Medical Center Northwestern University
Dr. Jerome L Kolavo accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Health and Life IL PPO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- Coventry IL PPO
- Coventry PPO Platinum
- First Health PPO
- Health Alliance HMO/POS
- Health Alliance PPO
- HealthLink PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National HMO
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Jerome L Kolavo in this video.
Dr. Jerome L Kolavo is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Warrenville, IL.