Get the facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including the conditions and medications that can cause it.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- Overactive Bladder Facts about overactive bladder (OAB): risk factors, symptoms & causes.
- Prostate Cancer Get the facts about prostate cancer, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Jerry S Garrett
Dr. Jerry S Garrett, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Newhall, CA. He has 54 years of experience. His specialties include Urology. Dr. Garrett is affiliated with Methodist Hospital Southern Ca, Northridge Hospital Medical Center and California Hospital Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Jerry S Garrett has the following 1 specialty
A urologist is a physician who specializes in diagnosing and treating conditions affecting the male reproductive system, as well as the urinary tracts of both males and females.
These doctors cover the kidneys, ureter, urinary bladder, adrenal glands, urethra, and the male reproductive organs which include the testes, epididymis, vas deferens, seminal vesicles, prostate and penis. Some common disorders that urologists treat are urinary tract infections (UTI), stress incontinence, benign prostatic hyperplasia, kidney stones, erectile dysfunction, kidney cancer, prostate cancer, testicular cancer, and cystitis. These urological specialists also perform vasectomies and vasectomy reversals.
- Urinary Bladder Cancer
- Urinary Incontinence
- Overactive Urinary Bladder
- Urologic Cancer
- Kidney Stones
- Prostate Cancer
- Enlarged Prostate (Prostatic Hyperplasia)
- Urologic Emergencies
- Erectile Dysfunction (ED)
- Bladder Issues
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 9
I was in his office for 2 seconds and he was already annoyed that he had to give a procedure and eventually told me nothing was wrong with me and I didn't need it. I wasn't ok with that diagnosis so I questioned it. He had me out side of the room tell me in front of everyone else that his justification for his diagnosis was that he, "has been a physician for 40 plus years." So, I left his after paying a $40 copayment having nothing done when I went in for a scheduled Cystoscopy which I waited a month for. I felt uncared for, looked over, and robbed.
He was hotile when I came for a follow up visit. His tone was irritable. He asked: "So why are you back?" He also made a highly unprofessional and offensive comment to my face. It was clear he did not believe I had the medical problem I told him about or else he was intentionally trying to show disdain for some other (perhaps ethnic hatred toward me) reason. It was palpable, visceral dislike. Later, when I moved and needed a letter for the insurance company to explain to it the nature of my visit, he charged me $25 for a brief letter.
Dr. Garrett is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
54 Years Experience
Wayne State University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1964
Lac Usc Medical Center
Dr. Jerry S Garrett accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA CommunityCare Network HMO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO SmartCare
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
LA Care Health
- Molina Mrktplace CA
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsLakeside Medical Group, 24355 Lyons Ave Ste 222, Newhall, CA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Jerry S Garrett in this video.
Dr. Jerry S Garrett is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Newhall, CA.