Get the facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Jinsy Andrews
Dr. Jinsy Andrews, MD is a Doctor primarily located in New Britain, CT. She has 12 years of experience. Her specialties include Neurology and Psychiatry. Dr. Andrews is affiliated with Hospital for Special Care, Hartford Hospital and University of Connecticut Health Ctr-John Dempsey Hospital. She speaks English.
Dr. Jinsy Andrews has the following 2 specialties
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Migraine Disorders
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 17
Dr. Andres is easy to talk to and is very kind. She works hard for the disease she treats and that makes it tough sometimes to get a hold of her but she is determined to make sure every one she cares for gets what they need. We are glad we found her.
Dr. Andrews is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Hospital for Special Care
University of Connecticut Health Ctr-John Dempsey Hospital
New York Presbyterian Hospital - Presby Campus
12 Years Experience
Albany Medical College
Graduated in 2001
Dr. Jinsy Andrews accepts the following insurance providers.
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Connecticare Passage
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsHospital for Special Care, 2150 Corbin Ave, New Britain, CT
Dr. Jinsy Andrews is similar to the following 3 Doctors near New Britain, CT.