Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Joan Donley
Dr. Joan Donley, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Dallas, TX, with another office in Plano, TX. She has 39 years of experience. Her specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Donley is affiliated with North Central Medical Center, Baylor Medical Center At Garland and Medical Center Of Plano. Dr. Donley has received 2 awards. She speaks English.
Dr. Joan Donley has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Joan Donley is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 5
Dr. Donley is an exceptional internist. She is very caring and compassionate, which is very important to me. Also, she is very thorough with her check-ups and always follows through providing me with results of any tests I might have. I have been a patient of hers for about 12 years and have always felt that she is sincerely interested in my health and well being. I never feel that Dr. Donley rushes through my appointments, and she always wants to be sure she has answered all my questions.
Patients' Choice Award (2010, 2011)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2010, 2011)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Donley is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
North Central Medical Center
Baylor Medical Center At Garland
Medical Center Of Plano
Baylor Regional Med Center of Plano
39 Years Experience
West Virginia University
Graduated in 1974
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions
Dr. Joan Donley is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Dallas, TX.