Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Joan M Fisher has the following 3 specialties
- Hospice & Palliative Medicine
- Pediatric Hematology-Oncology
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Myelodysplastic Syndromes
- Chronic Myeloid Leukemia
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 5
Dr. Fisher first treated my daughter with AML when she was 13, we received an early out and she was in remission after 11 months of treatment with Dr. Fisher. Thoughout my daughters trying medical times, I could always call Dr. Fisher and she would be there for me and my family, helping with whatever she could. I have been tainted by modern medicine and the attitudes of the medical profession except for this wonderful person. She has been not only a kind, loving, caring professional, but a friend. She has helped me and my family more than she probably realizes and I cannot express enough how I feel about her, as a person and a physician. If you want the best care for your family, you will obtain an appoitment with her. She has since moved from Virginia to CA, what a great loss for our community, and a great gain for yours.
Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
28 Years Experience
Stanford University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1990
Stanford University School Of Medicine
Dr. Joan M Fisher accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsStanford University Medical Center, 1000 Welch Rd Ste 300, Palo Alto, CA
Dr. Joan M Fisher is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Palo Alto, CA.