Is Dr. Jocelyn T Serrano the right Doctor for you?
Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Jocelyn T Serrano
Dr. Jocelyn T Serrano, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Gainesville, VA, with another office in Gainesville, VA. Her specialties include Family Medicine. Dr. Serrano is affiliated with Novant Health Uva Health System Prince William Medical Cntr. She speaks English.
Dr. Jocelyn T Serrano has 2 locations
13575 Heathcote Blvd Ste 210
Gainesville, VA 20155
13575 Heathcote Blvd Ste 210
Gainesville, VA 20155
Book Online Now
Dr. Jocelyn T Serrano has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Jocelyn T Serrano has the following 8 expertise
- Women's Health
- Weight Loss
- Family Planning
- Preventive Medicine
Showing 5 of 5
Self-verified patient of Dr. Jocelyn T Serrano - Posted on October 19th, 2013
Self-verified patient of Dr. Jocelyn T Serrano - Posted on September 27th, 2012
I feel very comfortable speaking to Dr. Serrano as if I were speaking to a close family member. It is very hard to find a physician who will take the time to listen and take care of you, but Dr. Serrano does! Very caring, professional, great bedside manner & good communication skills. Would highly recommend this physician to anyone in need of great health care.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Jocelyn T Serrano - Posted on May 3rd, 2012
Self-verified patient of Dr. Jocelyn T Serrano - Posted on March 11th, 2012
Self-verified patient of Dr. Jocelyn T Serrano - Posted on March 8th, 2012
NCQA Patient-Centered Medical Home
The patient-centered medical home is a way of organizing primary care that emphasizes care coordination and communication to transform primary care into what patients want it to be. Medical homes can lead to higher quality and lower costs, and can improve patients' and providers' experience of care.
Bridges to Excellence: Physician Office Systems Recognition Program
This program is designed to recognize practices that use information systems to enhance the quality of patient care. To obtain Recognition, practices must demonstrate that they have implemented systematic office
Patients' Choice Award (2013, 2014, 2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2013, 2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Serrano is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Dr. Jocelyn T Serrano Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Aetna Innovation Health
- Aetna VA Signature Gold HMO
- Anthem HealthKeepers HMO POS
- Anthem KeyCare PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CareFirst BlueChoice Advantage
- CareFirst BluePreferred PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry - Bon Secours Tier 2
- Coventry - Southside Tier 2
- Coventry Southern Health PPO
- Coventry Virginia - HMO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Jocelyn T Serrano is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Gainesville, VA.