Get the facts about clinical depression, including the symptoms and related depressive disorders.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Schizophrenia Facts about schizophrenia, including the different types.
- Tardive Dyskinesia Facts about Tardive Dyskinesia, including symptoms and treatment
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Joel A Holiner has the following 3 specialties
- Addiction Psychiatry
- Addiction Medicine
An addiction medicine specialist is a doctor who treats patients with addictions to substances like drugs and alcohol or, in some cases, behaviors like gambling. Many of these specialists also treat the diseases that stem from these addictions.
These physicians are specially trained to prevent and treat the disease of addiction via psychiatric means, or other fields of medicine like family or internal medicine.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Depressive Disorder
- Manic Depressive Disorder
- Mood Disorders
- Bipolar Disorder
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Personality Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Mental Illness
- Clinical Depression
- Sleep Disorders
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 116
Yesterday I got a bill for $50 for a "missed appointment" that I never made. I was in his office for an appointment the week prior and following the fictitious appointment and it was never on my scrupulously maintained calendar. All Holiner cares about is money and getting you in as often as possible for "med management." He rarely sees his patients himself and when he does it's for about 5 minutes. During those 5 minutes he constantly interrupts you and will even take phone calls while you're talking! His office staff are rude and unprofessional on top of it all. Go somewhere else...there are plenty of psychiatrists out there who actually care about their patients.
Unconcerned about why I was feeling how I was, constantly interrupted me while I was speaking, and only concerned about pushing pills. Zero attention to my lifestyle, nutrition, etc. Terminated me as a patient right without cause in the middle of my dealing with a family crisis of which he was aware. The guy is an egotistical jerk. Go elsewhere.
I was a new patient seeking help. Having social anxiety, I was very scared to make that initial phone call. The last thing I need was the very curt, non polite, unfriendly front desk girl answering the phone. No inviting demeaner whatsoever. I made the appointment, which was 2 weeks out (long time!). I found a competitor with a much nicer front desk girl, polite. The anxiety of having to make more phone calls is excruciating! I had to call back holiner group and cancel. After a very abrupt "please hold" upon answering the phone ( not even identifying herself or the company, I wasn't sure who i was calling) I cancelled. Didn't care why, just ok, cancelled. Go to Dallas Psychiatric care instead. Much nicer. If you are reading this and have extreme social anxiety, and are nervous to make that initial phone call, DON'T call this place, it'll just give you more anxiety!
39 Years Experience
University Of Texas Southwestern Medical School
Graduated in 1979
University Of Texas Health System
Dr. Joel A Holiner accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Scott and White
- Scott and White PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsHoliner Psychiatric Group, 7777 Forest Ln Ste C833, Dallas, TX
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Joel A Holiner in this video.
Dr. Joel A Holiner is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Dallas, TX.