Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. John W Armstead has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Birth Control
- Child Birth
- Hot Flashes
- Pelvic Exam
- Laser Surgery
- Women's Health
- Pap Smear
- Menstrual Pain
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 53
I used to think he was a great dr. I have been seeing him since 1994. I had my first surgery with him. I signed a paper that said he was supposed to remove a cyst on ovary after signing found out it also stated he might remove ovary and tube. Day of surgery I spoke with him and many of the staff performing the procedure and told them all that he was not to remove my ovary. When procedure was done I was informed that dr armstead had removed my ovary and tube. I was furious, out rage, hurt and upset. he came over to me and said that he had to remove it. I told him that I had said no. He said he never heard that from me. He betrayed my trust in him forever. I have my follow up appt with him, so I may return to work after that I will never see him again. It's my body not anyone else's I should have the final say as what happens to it. No one else.
Patients' Choice 5th Anniversary Award (2012, 2015, 2014, 2016, 2013)
The Patients' Choice Award - 5 Year Honoree is a recognition granted only to those doctors whose ratings have reflected excellence in care for five years in a row. Only 1% of all doctors in the United States are bestowed this honor by their patients.
Patients' Choice Award (2013, 2012, 2016, 2014, 2008, 2015, 2011, 2010, 2009)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2010, 2009, 2015, 2014, 2012, 2016, 2011, 2013)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Compassionate Doctor Award - 5 Year Honoree (2015, 2013, 2014, 2016)
Vitals Compassionate Doctor Award - 5 Year Honoree recognizes doctors with the highest scores in bedside manner for five consecutive years. This honor is granted to a few distinct doctors in the United States based on experiences shared by patients.
Dr. Armstead is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
36 Years Experience
Indiana University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1982
Clarian Health Partners
Dr. John W Armstead accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- BCBS MI Blue Care Network HMO Group Enrollees
- BCBS MI PPO Plans Group Enrollees
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- HAP Preferred PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsVenoy Medical Center, 4020 Venoy Rd Ste 300, Wayne, MI
Dr. John W Armstead is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Wayne, MI.