Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. John T Beecher
Dr. John T Beecher, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Minneapolis, MN, with another office in Minneapolis, MN. He has 47 years of experience. His specialties include Family Medicine. Dr. Beecher is affiliated with Regions Hospital and Fairview Ridges Hospital. Dr. Beecher has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. John T Beecher has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. John T Beecher has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
- Family Planning
Dr. John T Beecher is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 11
Dr. Beecher is an excellent diagnostician, respectful and genuinely concerned about providing exceptional care. He personally calls patients with results and discusses treatment options. You may have to wait for your appointment, but that's a small trade-off for comprehensive care and a physician who listens.
I left Dr. Beecher as a patient because we seemed to spend more time talking about himself, and his political views, than we did my health. I never felt rushed, and he would usually give me what I wanted (referrals, meds). I was worried, after I showed borderline glucose levels, and with diabetes in my family, that he never said one word to me about my glucose. It just seemed like his attention to detail was not there. Also, I invariably had to call the clinic to get reports for my physicals, after they told me each time they would send them to me.
Very rude and outspoken. Rushed me in and out. Bad reputation in the past. Will never see him again.
Patients' Choice Award (2008)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Beecher is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
47 Years Experience
University Of Minnesota Medical School
Graduated in 1971
Fairview University Medical Center
Dr. John T Beecher accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- BCBS MN Blue Cross Accord
- BCBS MN BluePrint
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Preferred One PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Medica Choice
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. John T Beecher is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Minneapolis, MN.