Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. John C Alexander Jr
Dr. John C Alexander Jr, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Dallas, TX. He has 13 years of experience. His specialties include Anesthesiology. Dr. Alexander is affiliated with Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Allen, Medical Center Of Plano and Medical City Dallas Hospital. He speaks English.
Book Online Now
Dr. John C Alexander Jr has the following 1 specialty
Anesthesiologists are physicians who are trained to administer anesthetics, which are medicines used to block nerve sensation. Anesthesia can be either local to one specific part of a body, like a tooth, or regional to block feeling to a larger portion of the body, such as during an epidural for child birth. It can also be more general to block sensation to the entire body, resulting in unconsciousness.
Anesthesiologists assist in surgery by determining how much anesthesia is necessary and by monitoring the patient's level of responsiveness and vital signs throughout the procedure. The anesthesia specialist will also bring the patient out of anesthesia and then continue to monitor his or her vital signs post-operation.
Besides assisting in surgeries, anesthesiologists may also treat patients suffering from chronic pain.
Dr. John C Alexander Jr has the following 3 expertise
- Nerve Block
- Spinal Injections
Showing 2 of 6
Self-verified patient of Dr. John C Alexander Jr - Posted on August 19th, 2013
Self-verified patient of Dr. John C Alexander Jr - Posted on March 21st, 2013
Dr. Alexander has a very "God Like Complex" I am sure he is very good as a Doctor? This Doctor has no respect or empathy for his patients and borders on Descrimination. For the Fellow Residents of Dallas County I feel he should be removed for "Our" hospital Parkland. This Doctor seems to pick and choose on treatment depending on the race etc.. of the patients. This is not acceptable to leave some in cronic pain and treat others. This seems like a very evil practice and should never be tolorated!! I hope that if any other patients have experienced this they please come forward A.S.A.P.
I do not know who specifically this patient is, or what episode of care is referenced here. I can say, categorically, that I do not pick and choose treatment depending on the race of the patient. I try to treat every patient with respect and empathy during every encounter.
Dr. Alexander is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
13 Years Experience
University Of Texas Southwestern Medical School
Graduated in 2005
Dr. John C Alexander Jr accepts the following insurance providers.
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
More about Dr. John C Alexander Jr
Board-certified physician in both Anesthesiology and Pain Medicine. My specific clinical interests include regional anesthesia and interventional pain management.
Locations & DirectionsUT SOUTHWESTERN MEDICAL CENTER, 5323 Harry Hines Blvd, Dallas, TX
Dr. John C Alexander Jr is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Dallas, TX.