Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. John A Charles has the following 1 specialty
- Emergency Medicine
An emergency physician is a doctor who is an expert in handling conditions of an urgent and extremely dangerous nature. These specialists work in the emergency room (ER) departments of hospitals where they oversee cases involving cardiac distress, trauma, fractures, lacerations and other acute conditions.
Emergency physicians are specially trained to make urgent life-saving decisions to treat patients during an emergency medical crisis. These doctors diagnose and stabilize patients before they are either well enough to be discharged, or transferred to the appropriate department for long-term care.
- Holistic Health
- Mind-Body and Relaxation Techniques
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 1 of 1
Dr. Charles, like his father before him, is the epitome of a physician who adheres, strictly, to the Hippocratic oath...and then some. As I have only had the pleasure to be seen by him, in the ER setting, I can't comment on wait times or follow ups. What I do know is that when you are in the ER and Dr Charles comes in your blood pressure is lower, your heart settles down, you relax and trust that you WILL be well. He makes the Grand Strand Regional Medical Center look good and they are very lucky to have him. I would recommend him to anyone, without hesitation. He's a good man!
United States Naval Medical Center
Dr. John A Charles accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsJohn Charles Md, 8 S Gate Rd, Myrtle Beach, SC
Dr. John A Charles is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Myrtle Beach, SC.