Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About John Watkins
John Watkins, MD, PHD is a Doctor primarily located in Newport, OR, with another office in Newport, OR. He has 19 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine. John Watkins is affiliated with Samaritan Pacific Communities Hospital, Samaritan Albany General Hospital and Samaritan North Lincoln Hospital. He speaks English.
John Watkins has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Showing 5 of 10
Dr. John is a pleasant fellow although I do not believe he pays enough attention when you tell him of your problems and concerns. Some members of his office staff would be better suited to a veteranary office as the lack any form of pleasant personalities. I am pleased with the Doctor though I am considering another primary care person with a Medical group other than Samaritan Health Care.....It has all become a Nightmare!
Watkins is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Samaritan Pacific Communities Hospital
Samaritan Albany General Hospital
Samaritan North Lincoln Hospital
Samaritan Lebanon Community Hospital
19 Years Experience
University Of Rochester School Of Medicine And Dentistry
Graduated in 1993
Strong Memorial Hospital
John Watkins accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- Moda Health Connexus
- Moda Health Synergy Network
- PacificSource PSN
- PacificSource SmartHealth Oregon Members
Regence Health Plans
- Regence OR Preferred Provider Network
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
John Watkins is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Newport, OR.