Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you. ttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. John N Harker has the following 1 specialty
- Orthopaedic Surgery
Dr. John N Harker has the following 17 expertise
- Tubal Ligation (Permanent Sterilization in Women)
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Sports Medicine
- Knee Disorders
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Joint Replacement
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Bone Fracture
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Herniated Disc
- Hip Surgery
Dr. John N Harker has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 72
I would like to begin by stating that Dr. Harker gave me my life back as I knew it! After being in severe and constant pain for a long period of time while walking, getting in and out of the car or up and down stairs and had to depend on the use of a cane I decided to go to my primary doctor for some help! After X-Rays and a thorough exam it was determined that I need to see an Orthopedic Surgeon for further diagnosis and he referred me to Dr. Harker. It didn't take long for Dr. Harker to explain to me and my wife how damaged my left hip was and recommended that we begin with a series of shots in my hip to help reduce my pain followed by 6 weeks of physical therapy before we discuss hip replacement as a last resort, which really impressed me to know he wasn't just trying to perform an expensive surgery without trying other methods 1st! The shots helped somewhat however I could only complete 3 weeks of physical therapy do to my increase of pain. We sat down with Dr, Harker and after he asked us if a total hip replacement was something that I want to consider as he explains the entire process and had us both attend a hip replacement class at the hospital prior to my final authorization for the surgery. It's now 4 months post-surgery and after rehabilitation and physical therapy I'm now pain free for the 1st time in several years and at age 64 I can walk and play once again with my 3 year old grandson without the assistance of a cane. Thank You Dr. Harker and his Wonderful Staff and I will recommend Him to everyone!!!!
Dr. John N Harker accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana HMO Select
- Humana National POS
- Humana Tampa Bay CoreNet
- Humana Tampa Bay HUMx HMOx
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Locations & DirectionsClearwater Orthopedic & Sport Medical, 701 N Hercules Ave Ste A, Clearwater, FL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. John N Harker in this video.
Dr. John N Harker is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Clearwater, FL.