Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. John B Hulshoff has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Hot Flashes
- Women's Health
- Pap Smear
- Birth Control
- Overactive Urinary Bladder
- Menstrual Pain
- Pelvic Exam
- Child Birth
Showing 5 of 32
From making my appointment to checking out was great. I like how he meets with you in his office rather than half naked on an exam table for the first time. I've gone to the same Dr. since I was 18, now 35. I was so nervous to start new with a different Dr. So meeting in his office for the first time definitely put me at ease. He talked me through everything he was doing, answers all my questions about different birth control methods and helped me make the best decision for me. When it came time for the procedure, again amazing, best bedside manner, again talked me through each step, and answered more questions. I'm sooo glad I found an good Dr. after mine stopped accepting my insurance.
I don't really understand the bad reviews on here. Dr. Hulshoff is amazing I was a high risk pregnancy due to my weight and gestational diabetes and I couldn't of asked for a better obgyn he was always so caring and I knew me from off of my file. He would always completely explain what could happen to me and baby if something was to go on. I think some of the bad reviews are bull. Dr. Hulshoff has great bed side manor he makes you feel comfortable and he is very blunt and does not sugar coat anything, which is what most doctors lack. I would highly recommend him again and again. I don't think I could ever thank him enough how good he was to me during my first pregnancy when I was terrified most of the time, and he would always reassure me that his main goal is to get a healthy baby and that's what everyone's goal is.
I have had two children and we decided to go with a new OB because he was new in town and heard nothing but good things about him. I faulted and did not look at reviews so I really blame myself. But for the most part this was the worst experience we ever had. Short and sweet he prescribed to much medication and to high of a dose for pain. Well it was because we found of we lost the baby and was experiencing a miscarriage. Before this he performed a vaginal ultrasound and I felt he took way to long and his positioning was absolutely horrible. Much more to add but trying to keep it short, anyway it was extremely uncomfortable. Moving on.. I am the husband, I was at work and his office called the wife at home that was in pain and told her John Hulshoff was going to come by the house to check on her and give her the medication. She told the staff it was not necessary because my husband is coming home. So I get off work and about to leave to the Er and Hulshoff shows up.. I told him that this was extremely uncomfortable and asked him to leave. Once again much more can be said this was a horrible experience and it still brothers me and its been months since this happened.
Dr. John Hulshoff is the best ob/gyn Ive ever seen. Ive been threw a lot of different doctors bc no one could help me or I just didnt like them. But Dr. Hulshoff is a doctor that you can talk to, he answers all your questions, makes you feel comfortable, and is just all the way around amazing! I will never go anywhere else!
15 Years Experience
West Virginia University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2003
Dr. John B Hulshoff accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem NV Choice PPO
- Anthem NV Pathway PPO
- Anthem PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsDesert Bloom Womens Health, 2020 Silver Creek Rd Ste 206, Bullhead City, AZ
Dr. John B Hulshoff is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Bullhead City, AZ.