Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. John J Davis has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. John J Davis has the following 6 expertise
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
Dr. John J Davis is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 46
I like Dr. Davis, he is easy to talk to, and knows medicine, but the office is poorly run. I called on 1.22 for a referral to a urologist for Feb.1. I have to have lab work for this appoint so I went on the 24th for that. Was told at the urologist's office that BC/BS would not pay for the lab work without referral. The referral had never been done. I called Dr. Davis' office from my urologist's office and was told by the person who I'd spoken to on the 22nd that she would take care of it. Meanwhile, I'm still in the specialist's office waiting for the referral to be faxed to them. 30 minutes later, it's still not there. I called back, this time, I got Derrick. I explained to him what happened and he said he never got the request. I asked him to please expedite the referral because it was already 30 minutes past my lab appointment. ONE HOUR later it was still not there. I then asked the person at the urologist's office desk to call for me. She got Derrick. Finally, ten minutes later the referral was faxed through. At this point, the lab people in the specialist's office had gone to lunch. I was told I'd have to come back at 1:00 p.m. I go back at 1:00 and get the lab work done. What should have been a ten minute lab workup took me three hours, all because my referral was not called in. There have been at least three other instances where my phone calls to Dr. Davis' office were not returned. I will be looking for a new primary physician.
Dr. Davis sent his nurse to visit with me. I rarely saw him and everytime his nurse gave me a prescribtion it always made me sicker. No one ever followed up with me about my illness and completely over looked what was actually wrong with me. I would never recommend this doctor to anyone. I have luckily found a new doctor who is 100% hands on with his patients and shows genuine care for your health and well being.
Dr. Davis is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
34 Years Experience
University Of Alabama School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1984
Medical Center East
Dr. John J Davis accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- BCBS AL PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsGrayson Valley Family Practice, 5577 Chalkville Rd, Birmingham, AL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. John J Davis in this video.
Dr. John J Davis is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Birmingham, AL.