Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. John J Lettice has the following 1 specialty
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Joint Replacement
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Bone Fracture
- Sports Medicine
- Knee Surgery
- Spinal Fusion
- Herniated Disc
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Joint Pain/Swelling
Showing 5 of 30
I went to Dr. Lettice about my severe back pain, and he quickly determined at what age I had had the injury, and what the course of action was. Within a few months, I had spinal fusion surgery that lasted 11 hours at Los Gatos' El Camino Hospital. The surgery was successful, with no side effects. I am now recovering quickly and feel none of the severe pain I used to suffer from. Dr. Lettice's bedside manner is excellent; he is patient, friendly, and kind. He's always been welcoming of the family members I bring into the room! Dr. Lettice patiently explains every aspect of my surgery, including the risks, exactly what he'd be doing, and how my recovery would come along. Needless to say, none of what I experienced came as a surprise to me. Dr. Lettice made sure I knew everything going in. I am particularly impressed by how Dr. Lettice expects me to be responsible with my intake of painkillers. We have regular follow-ups now. If anyone I know has back issues, I will be sure to send them to Dr. Lettice!
Dr. Lettice performed neck fusion on my wife in 1995 and his work has been complemented on by other doctors who have treated her over the years. I had seen him in the early stages of a workers comp back injury in 1998 and after moving to Santa Cruz was appointed another case doctor. Over the years my condition worsened and I felt surgery was the next step. I returned to Dr. Lettice because I liked him as a person and felt confident in the treatment and care he would give me. He performed a Laminectomy on my lower back because of the stenosis that was affecting my nerves to my left leg on May 26, 2017... I have been home over a week and am getting around easily and with the pain in my left leg now gone. He is a competent doctor with a great bed side manner and personality who I would recommend should you be needing this form of treatment.
I have known Dr. Lettice for many years through patients who were treating with him. When my chronic low back pain became a surgical issue, I did not want any other surgeon performing my surgery except Dr. Lettice! His diagnosis was right on target. I was treated like a king following the surgery, and could not have asked for more. Before surgery my average daily pain level was 8 - 9, now it is 0 - 4, and surgery was only 6 months ago! Yes, sometimes I have NO pain, which I have not experienced x 15 years! His surgical skills have given me my life back, and that is worth more than anything to me. I am extremely pleased with the outcome of my surgery, and my only regret is not having it sooner!
Compassionate Doctor Award - 5 Year Honoree (2016, 2015, 2014)
Vitals Compassionate Doctor Award - 5 Year Honoree recognizes doctors with the highest scores in bedside manner for five consecutive years. This honor is granted to a few distinct doctors in the United States based on experiences shared by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2010, 2015, 2011, 2016, 2012, 2013, 2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2010, 2009, 2008, 2016, 2013, 2012, 2015, 2011)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Top 10 Doctor - Metro Area (2014)
Top 10 Doctors are chosen by the millions of patients who visit Vitals each year to find a new doctor and share their experiences by providing ratings and reviews. In order to differentiate highly-regarded doctors from the rest for patients in search of quality care, Vitals awards Top 10 Doctor honors to those physicians within a certain specialty and geographic area who are consistently given top ratings by their patients.
Patients' Choice 5th Anniversary Award (2013, 2012)
The Patients' Choice Award - 5 Year Honoree is a recognition granted only to those doctors whose ratings have reflected excellence in care for five years in a row. Only 1% of all doctors in the United States are bestowed this honor by their patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015, 2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
41 Years Experience
Emory University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1977
Stanford University School Of Medicine
Dr. John J Lettice accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. John J Lettice is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Los Gatos, CA.