Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. John H Marston
Dr. John H Marston, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Tampa, FL, with another office in Tampa, FL. He has 31 years of experience. His specialties include Obstetrics & Gynecology. Dr. Marston is affiliated with St Joseph's Children's Hospital of Tampa. Dr. Marston has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. John H Marston has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
Dr. John H Marston has the following 11 expertise
- Pap Smear
- Women's Health
- Menstrual Pain
- Child Birth
- Hot Flashes
- Pelvic Exam
- Birth Control
Dr. John H Marston has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. John H Marston is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 29
Sadly, I lost a baby at 6 mos pregnant at another Dr. in Tampa. They asked me to leave the practice after the loss. Imagine that! I am dealing with this traumatic loss and now need to find a new dr. I went to Dr. Brown and Dr. Marston at the Woman's Group. I only saw them for my next 2 pregnancies. I just took to Dr. Marston who delivered both my girls. I was recently pregnant and lost another baby at 6 mos again and Dr. Marston was my doctor. He would call me on his time (nights and weekends) to check in with me and see how my husband, girls and I were doing. I LOVE Dr. Marston. He is so professional and knowledgeable and even more important --caring.
I had a high risk pregnancy and was seen by most physicians in Dr. marston's groups. My initial meeting with him I wasn't sure if I liked him. He has a very dry sense of humor. Once I figured that out I very quickly appreciated him as my doctor. He delivered my preterm baby and managed my care with Blood Pressure for several months. He also needed to do several in depth U/S afterwards for other issues. Usually these were unscheduled and he would ensure I could be seen in a timely manner because I had my newborn with me. I am very happy with the care I received from him and his office.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015, 2016, 2017, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2016, 2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2011, 2012, 2013, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Marston is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
31 Years Experience
University Of Miami Leonard M Miller School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1987
George Washington University Hospital
Dr. John H Marston accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- AvMed Empower
- Avmed Choice
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS Florida myBlue
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- Florida Blue BlueSelect
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry FL Employer Group PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana HMO Select
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Humana Tampa Bay CoreNet
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
UHC of the River Valley
- Neighborhood Health Partnership Commercial
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. John H Marston in this video.
Dr. John H Marston is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Tampa, FL.