Autism Spectrum Disorder
Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), including the different types and the most common symptoms.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Insomnia Facts about insomnia; who gets it and what causes it.
- Lyme Disease Facts about lyme disease; where it’s found and stages of the disease
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. John B Piecyk has the following 2 specialties
- Clinical Neurophysiology
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Electromyography (EMG)
- Migraine Disorder
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Nerve Conduction Studies
- Myasthenia Gravis
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 27
Ive been with dr piecyk for about 10 years and he is great! I think they overbook appointment because my waiting time is never less than hour, but as a doctor i think hes very patient and understanding and takes time to speak to me if i dont understand anything, this may be the reason for a longer waiting time but im happy to wait in order to get all my questions answered! Highly recommend!
My husband was seen by Dr Piecyk after experiencing his first ever seizure at age 47. After 1 visit Dr Piecyk decided that my husband no longer needed to be on the anti-seizure meds he was prescribed at the hospital at the time of his seizures ( he was only on them for approximately a month at that time) . He advised my husband to ween himself off them over the course of 2 months. 2 weeks after taking his last pill my husband had 3 seizures so violent they caused him to break his shoulder which may require surgery. His CK levels were so high after the seizure he was being monitored to make sure he wouldn't have kidney failure. Every doctor & nurse he came into contact with said the same thing "why were you taken off your meds?" they all agreed that was the reason this happened & it could have been avoided. Needless to say they understood why my husband will NEVER go back to this physician. I would give o stars but the site wont let me.
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
25 Years Experience
University Of North Carolina At Chapel Hill School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1993
University Of North Carolina Health System
Dr. John B Piecyk accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA HMO Blue with Managed Care Behavioral Health
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Harvard Pilgrim ChoiceNet HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Tufts Health Plan
- Tufts Granite Advantage EPO, PPO and Saver
- Tufts PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsSouth Shore Neurology Associates Inc, 851 Main St Ste 11, South Weymouth, MA
Dr. John B Piecyk is similar to the following 3 Doctors near South Weymouth, MA.