Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. John V Prunskis
Dr. John V Prunskis, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Elgin, IL, with other offices in Itasca, IL and McHenry, IL (and 2 other locations). He has 36 years of experience. His specialties include Anesthesiology and Pain Medicine. Dr. Prunskis is affiliated with Advocate Condell Medical Center, Alexian Brothers Behavioral Health Hospital and Presence St Joseph Hospital. Dr. Prunskis has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. John V Prunskis has the following 2 specialties
Anesthesiologists are physicians who are trained to administer anesthetics, which are medicines used to block nerve sensation. Anesthesia can be either local to one specific part of a body, like a tooth, or regional to block feeling to a larger portion of the body, such as during an epidural for child birth. It can also be more general to block sensation to the entire body, resulting in unconsciousness.
Anesthesiologists assist in surgery by determining how much anesthesia is necessary and by monitoring the patient's level of responsiveness and vital signs throughout the procedure. The anesthesia specialist will also bring the patient out of anesthesia and then continue to monitor his or her vital signs post-operation.
Besides assisting in surgeries, anesthesiologists may also treat patients suffering from chronic pain.
- Pain Medicine
- Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy
- Primary Headache Disorders
- Neck Pain
- Migraine Disorders
- Acute Pain
- Complex Regional Pain Syndromes
- Chronic Pain
- Back Pain
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 25
Dr Prunskis has been a life-saver for myself, my husband, and our son! All with different issues, all really positive results. I appreciate his on-time professional scheduling, his listening and questioning skills, and of course his procedures that have given me back my normal daily activity! So very grateful!!!!
I can't imagine that anyone would call Dr. Prunskis "mean" or a terrible doctor! I have seen him several times over the years, and he has consistently performed procedures that helped my pain (back and neck) significantly. Yes, he does not typically talk on the phone, but I have an internist and 3 specialists, and NONE of them do! Patients must remember to judge their doctor by performance and not by whether or not they hear what they want to hear! He has been CONSISTENTLY kind over the years, and I have NEVER seen him mistreat his staff. Most importantly, I have had pain injections with other doctors, and his technique is the best! He injects so slowly and precisely that pain is minimal, considering the complexity of the procedure. The best in the state!!
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Dr. Prunskis is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
36 Years Experience
Rush Medical College Of Rush University Medical Center
Graduated in 1982
Dr. John V Prunskis accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Health and Life IL PPO
- Coventry IL PPO
- Coventry MO HMO POS
- Coventry MO PPO
- Coventry PPO Platinum
- CoventryOne PPO Network
- HealthLink PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National HMO
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. John V Prunskis in this video.
Dr. John V Prunskis is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Elgin, IL.