Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. John S Kelley
Dr. John S Kelley, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Las Vegas, NV, with another office in Las Vegas, NV. He has 35 years of experience. His specialties include Obstetrics & Gynecology. Dr. Kelley is affiliated with Centennial Hills Hospital Medical Center and Summerlin Medical Center. Dr. Kelley has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. John S Kelley has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
Dr. John S Kelley has the following 11 expertise
- Pap Smear
- Birth Control
- Hot Flashes
- Pelvic Exam
- Women's Health
- Child Birth
- Menstrual Pain
Dr. John S Kelley is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 32
This doctor has to be the least compassionate or caring doctor I've ever dealt with. Really regret having him be the doctor to base my only child experience on. Even though I had received authorization from my insurance 2mos prior to labor, Dr. Kelley somehow missed that I wanted my tubes tied during surgery, upsetting since I was very clear on my wishes. He also never apologized for it once! Come to find out, I'm not the only one this happened to! I was so disgusted by the whole situation I switched docs and couldn't be happier now. A C Section is no small surgery and this doctor is so cold and callous about it and your pain after that it broke my heart. He couldn't care less about us women and the little babies we love. Better off ANYWHERE else. Doctors don't realize that all the stress from what we go through can easily send someone into post partum. I had to have my body cut open twice. I had to heal twice. I had to be on light duty twice. All I wanted was to be taken care of so I could take care of my baby.
Has been my Obgyn for 5 years now; Dr.kelley is very professional, he genuinly cares about his patients; had prenatal care for both of my pregnancies and he was always very caring and willing to answer any questions. I would recommend him without hesitations.
I liked how Dr Kelley let me choose how long I wanted to go past my due date, so many doctors pressure you and make you get induced. I waited nearly 2 weeks, and he did advise me I should get the epidural or some pain medication but I refused, I wanted to have an all natural birth, he supported that and let me do things how I wanted. He's quick and to the point, but a good doctor! The wait times are usually pretty long though. Most of the time I waited 45 mins to get in.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011, 2012, 2015, 2016, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Kelley is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
35 Years Experience
Tulane University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1983
Lsu Health Sciences
Dr. John S Kelley accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Aetna Value Network HMO NV Only
- Anthem NV Choice PPO
- Anthem NV Pathway X HMO Ind Direct Access
- Anthem PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Health Care of Nevada PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. John S Kelley is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Las Vegas, NV.