Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. John S Kirchner has the following 1 specialty
- Orthopaedic Surgery
Dr. John S Kirchner has the following 16 expertise
- Bone Fracture
- Hip Surgery
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Joint Replacement
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Herniated Disc
- Sports Medicine
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Knee Surgery
Showing 5 of 50
I had been in constant pain for EIGHT YEARS due to a mistake in surgery performed by a different doctor. (Keep in mind I had seen at least 8-12 doctors, surgeons, and specialist for my condition prior to meeting Dr. Kirchner.) While seeing Dr. K for a different issue, he was able to find and correct what was causing long term, constant pain. If only I had come to AL sooner! Dr. K is top of his class. I wouldn't trust anyone else.
I went for a bone spur. Three surgeries later and two corrective one by other doctors, I am disfigured, in constant pain, and have lost thousands of dollars in lost wages and medical treatment lasting for several years. Every doctor I have seen relating to this and general routine visits have been appalled at what has happened. I have never seen anything like this in the medical profession. He had to undergo peer review for his actions. RUN FROM THIS egotistical Frankenstein.
Stay away! Incompetent. More problems than before I saw him. Spends very little time with patients. I did better with my PCP than this "expert." As his colleague described him - he is arrogant. Don't think about questioning him. If you are happy just accepting what he says and will let him do anything, you will be fine. If you want an explanation or alternatives, go somewhere else.
I saw dr. kirchner one year ago complaining about severe ankle pain as a result of an old military injury. We decided on initially just an ankle clean out but ultimately we had to go with the total ankle fusion. He beamed about the results of no pain post surgery. Today i still have the exact same pain i had prior to surgery and even more pain has developed in other places. My job is getting harder and harder to do and when i visited him just a week ago after 2 surgeries on me and im still in pain the doctor tells me i need a shoe insert and there is nothing else besides amputation that can be done. WHAT? but anyway, im doing a nationwide search for someone who can fix my leg..... I hate to say dont use anyone but i have to be honest my experience with him. I cried in his office because im so tired of hurting. #####frustrated and sad.....
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2011, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
26 Years Experience
Drexel University College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1992
Dr. John S Kirchner accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- BCBS AL PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. John S Kirchner in this video.
Dr. John S Kirchner is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Hoover, AL.