Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. John S Wendt has the following 2 specialties
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
Dr. John S Wendt has the following 11 expertise
- Migraine Disorder
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Migraine Disorders
- Headache Disorders
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Nerve Conduction Studies
Dr. John S Wendt is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 18
It can be frustrating when you get constant headaches and no one seems to know why. He knew it was migraines and promptly treated it. I still get headaches and do plan on going back. I know doctors can't solve everything but he has been a lot more knowledgeable and willing to help than the other physicians I've seen. Also mention the older front desk receptionist is amazing and his nurse is as well
I have been a pt.of Dr.Wendt for over 13 years. He is extremely knowledgeable in his area of expertise. Dr. Wendt has always spent sufficient time to answer and thoroughly explain all questions asked.He is very compasionate and has always found time to schedule me in for an urgent appoitment, even when his day was full.
Dr. Wendt was very knowledgable and helpful. I had been in another clinic and was just brushed off about my excrutinating head pain and sent home. Turned out I was having a stroke & Dr. Wendt found it 3 months later after I had been in the hospital and rehab for over 2 months. He was fantastic, showing us the brain scans which showed thqat I'd had a couple of small ones earlier. Trust him!
35 Years Experience
University Of Michigan Medical School
Graduated in 1983
University Of Colorado Health
Dr. John S Wendt accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Whole Health Pacific Medical Centers WA
- Aetna Whole Health Providence Swedish WA
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
Group Health Coop
- Group Health Coop Alliant Plus Connect
- Group Health Coop Core
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Premera Heritage and Heritage Plus 1
Regence Health Plans
- Regence WA Preferred Provider Network
Locations & DirectionsFmg-Federal Way Neurology & Headache Clinic, 34503 9th Ave S Ste 230, Federal Way, WA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. John S Wendt in this video.
Dr. John S Wendt is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Federal Way, WA.