Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. John R Sarcar has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Dr. John R Sarcar has the following 12 expertise
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Mental Illness
- Bipolar Disorder
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Sleep Disorders
- Personality Disorder
- Mood Disorders
- Depressive Disorder
Dr. John R Sarcar has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. John R Sarcar is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 4 of 14
My son was under Dr Sarcar's care for 8 years as a troubled bi-polar youth. He only stopped seeing him due to moving out of state. Dr is a no nonsense kind of guy, will not paint pretty rainbows to appease his clients. He was honest and forth right. Explaining diagnosis, treatments, appointments and such. I personally recommend him to others.
This guy is a snake. I brought my son to him for help to boost his self esteem and get him on track and he actually called my son names in front of me. Blatantly laughing at some of his ideas and saying horrible things to him. My insurance also did not cover all of the visit so wanted to pay over time due to other bills that I had. He went without my permission and charged my Credit card. I would NOT take your child there ever again. Horrible experience and person to talk like that to someone.
I am a 32 year old male. I've been seeing psychiatrist for 15 years. I never stayed with one for more than 2 months because I always felt like there was no progress. I let my primary care provide me with depressions anxiety ADHD meds. Now Sarcar listens to and get me. It's wonderful to have support. Sometimes sessions which are for 30 minutes end up getting cut down to 10-15 minutes dues to his busy schedule. Some days it's fine and I only need 10-15 minutes others I feel I would do better with 30:
Patients' Choice Award (2017)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Sarcar is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
21 Years Experience
Wayne State University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1997
Wayne State University
Dr. John R Sarcar accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- BCBS MI Blue Care Network HMO Group Enrollees
- BCBS MI PPO Plans Group Enrollees
- HAP Preferred PPO
Locations & DirectionsJOHN SARCAR MD, 3915 Pine Grove Ave, Fort Gratiot, MI
Dr. John R Sarcar is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Fort Gratiot, MI.