Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. John M Sawicki has the following 3 specialties
- Child & Adolescent Psychiatry
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Adolescent Medicine
Adolescent specialists are doctors who have advanced training in the health issues that adolescents face. These physicians deal with issues like the onset of puberty, reproductive health, eating disorders, irregular periods, mood changes, drugs and pressures from home and school. For girls entering adulthood, adolescent specialists can act as both pediatrician and gynecologist, so they only have to see one doctor for all their needs.
Dr. John M Sawicki has the following 11 expertise
- Eating Disorders
- Depressive Disorder
- Birth Control
- Sleep Disorders
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases
- Substance Abuse
Dr. John M Sawicki is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 23
seems like some of these reviews are from ignorant people who dont realize D.O is just as good as M.D. especially when it relates to psychiatry- he doesnt need to know how to do surgery in order to prescribe psychotropic meds and diagnose mental illness... the kids who had been prescribed "dangerous drugs" probably had side effects- he prescribes most safest drugs for children- if someone had a bad reaction- its about their body chemistry not his fault... he spent time with my son, prescribed cautiously and accurately and i was very happy with his follow-up and responsiveness..
This doctor uses poor judgment! He over medicated my poor son! He has little experience and had my son admitted to a horrific run down mental facility. My son now has HORRIFIC post traumatic stress that has been going on for years. PLEASE DO NOT SEE THIS PHYSICIAN! He does not have an M.D. and lacks the proper skills necessary to treat humans (children and adults) properly. What a horrible D.O.!!!!
I felt so at ease with him and he really spent a good deal of time with me and listened to everything I had to say. The first appointment was over two hours! He always answers his calls and has helped me so much.
37 Years Experience
University Of Arizona College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1981
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsInessa V Mysak Do, 75 Plandome Rd Ste 21, Manhasset, NY
Dr. John M Sawicki is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Manhasset, NY.