Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. John S Shymansky MD
Dr. John S Shymansky, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Monroeville, PA, with other offices in Monroeville, PA and Monroeville, PA (and 1 other location). He has 33 years of experience. His specialties include Neurology and Psychiatry. He speaks English.
Dr. John S Shymansky has 4 locations
3824 Northern Pike Ste 200
Monroeville, PA 15146
Premier Medical Associates Pc
Monroeville, PA 15146
2566 Haymaker Rd Ste 101
Monroeville, PA 15146
Dr. John S Shymansky has the following 2 specialties
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
Dr. John S Shymansky has the following 15 expertise
- Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS)
- Migraine Disorder
- Migraine Disorders
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Dementia Related Behavioral Disorders
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Autoimmune Diseases
- Movement Disorders
- Nerve Conduction Studies
Showing 5 of 11
First office visit
Self-verified patient of Dr. John S Shymansky - Posted on May 16th, 2018
Excellent physician & staff at St. Margaret's location (Lisa & Lamonica). Courteous, knowledgeable, pleasant staff. Dr. Shymansky put my mind at ease when explaining my current medical issues. After researching, I was hesitant about setting up an appointment. Reviews indicated comments that the staff was difficult & unpleasant. I was sure it wasn't the office I went to. My first contact was with the Monroeville location by phone. First call made didn't give correct information to schedule an appointment & the wait time to see the doctor. I can now use the Patient Portal for most of my needs,
Rude and arrogant
Self-verified patient of Dr. John S Shymansky - Posted on April 4th, 2017
Self-verified patient of Dr. John S Shymansky - Posted on November 17th, 2015
Self-verified patient of Dr. John S Shymansky - Posted on July 18th, 2015
Self-verified patient of Dr. John S Shymansky - Posted on February 26th, 2014
This is a teaching practice, Shymansky spoke to his entourage about me rather than speaking to me. He ordered significant blood tests; the results were handed to me by some assistant at the second appointment. He obviously thinks he's a big shot but since i don't enjoy or appreciate being a lab rat, i'm looking for another neurologist.
33 Years Experience
West Virginia University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1986
Dr. John S Shymansky Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica HMO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- First Health PPO
- Highmark PPOBlue
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
UPMC Health Plan
- UPMC PPO
- UPMC Premium Network Plans
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. John S Shymansky, MD - Neurology in Monroeville, PA, in this video.
Dr. John S Shymansky is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Monroeville, PA.